Sign in to follow this  
erik_26

Yamaha XSR 900

I have something inside of me nagging me to buy a Yamaha XSR 900. Lots of time already wasted reading about them, watching YouTube videos about them and I got really close to buying a new one from dealer inventory on Friday after a Craigslist deal fell through.

I have a feeling that inevitably, I will end up with one. My bank account and limited garage space would sure like someone to talk me out of it. 

Anyone here have one, rode one, know some dark secrets about them? If you have ridden one, how did it fit you? I am 6'2" with a size 13 EE boot. I think I am a little longer in the torso. 

Probably to my SDAR brethren's disappointment, I don't see myself changing to a 50/50 tire and taking it off road, though I have seen some scramblers with some aggressive tires that look awesome in the dirt. This would be a street bike for me.

image.png.588b1d21972c304d3303307d31d3ab2e.png

This is the Tribute version of the 900.  If I ever got a Street bike again, it would be on my " Don't know where I'm goin', But I'm goin' in style List ".  Not exactly an Interstate bike. 

Enjoy the Ride

You can always store it in my garage....that will solve one of your problems...

• Haha 1