Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Dakar winners celebration event

I believe Randy and I will be riding up to this event. I will be leaving from NCounty.  

How often do we get a local/ CA  DAKAR winner and get to celebrate it so close? Curious if anyone else would want to ride up?

Come celebrate America’s Heroes Ricky Brabec and Casey Currie and along with their teams they have returned to the USA victorious! Dakar Rally Champions!

With honor we present an afternoon of celebration at Baja HQ in San Juan Capistrano Wednesday January 29th 4-8:30pm. The boys, their families and teammates will arrive just before dark at 5:15. Be there to welcome them and stay to be apart of the presentations.

Bring your American Flags and show support for our boys returning, having achieved the goal of being the first Americans to win the Dakar Rally.

With respect for those who strive for the goal of safe passage in this challenge and prayers for those who were not so fortunate, blessings to their families.

Partners and festivities to be updated as the plan develops!

Baja HQ is not responsible for missed appearances and all that join must be responsible for themselves.

Image may contain: 1 person, text
Image may contain: 1 person, text

This would've been fun, free bump for a really good idea ...

It was a fantastic event. I dont think people realized what history was made by an American winning, but to have two Americans winning.  This was not a normal signing, it was a very personal party with the sponsors and their families. Free drinks - beer, open bar- with free food - in and out. The wheel company has some commemorative beer glasses made, free. Mr Jaja and wife, Crawdaddy and son and an member from the past Boston Mangler were there from SDAR.  

• Like 4

I got to go to Scott Hardens party when he came back from Dakar. Good times indeed. A lot of American riders have been to Dakar and  finaly one has made it to the top . I will look for a list of the riders . 

Jarrett and I had a blast.    Two Americans winning the DAKAR is a BIG F'N deal and we felt privileged to be there for the celebration with a room full of friends/Baja legends.

Really cool of Ricky to give me permission to sit on the bike/dream for a minute......

IBJC0468.JPEG

MXGE3079.JPEG

OAXC3937.JPEG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4565.JPG

_V202230.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

IMG_4557.JPG  I missed this, ---- happens if you don't drink and drive.

• Sad 1