Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Champ

Concours

Greetings from the great white north. As most of you know I'm splitting my time between the north and south casas. We bought a Kawasaki Concours up here last spring to check out the surrounding country. Great bike ,big motor, lots of storage room, windshield etc. It's a 94 , 27000 miles and in very nice shape. The problem is it's a little to tight in the legroom for me and I'm to stupid to resist dirt roads and this bike doesn't like dirt roads. So I brought the 990 up here and its sitting because of ice and snow (aforementioned white stuff). We spent $300 bucks on the concours to get the carbs demucked and all the fluids changed etc rode it for a couple weekend jaunts and now its back in the barn and the carbs are gunked up again, Yes I put in super with no additives gas and gas treatment and it still acts like it got gunk again. We paid 2800 0r 2500 plus the repairs, I'm thinking of bringing this bike to the warm  south around the first of the month and either fixing it to sell or selling as is for 2000 or 1800 or..., any interest? Its a cranberryish color has all the luggage, runs and drives great ( when carbs are cleaned), its just to tight for me and is not an offroader.

Any interest let me know, by the way anybody need anything brought down from the Post Falls/Spokane area?

By the way slipping on concrete steps in the ice will hurt you worse than Heart Attack hill ever thought of. Ask me how I know.

• Like 1

I had a 95 Concours.  It was a great bike, would be perfect for someone looking for a sport touring bike to cover some miles.  

I may be interested. Shoot me some pics. I spent some time on a police version of this bike. However, it was the least favorite of the bikes I spent time on, so I'm not super thrilled about having one but for the right price...

That’s a complete different animal from the older version.

Yep, I can do the carbs.  I actually just had a buddy sort of asking about a bike like this, but not sure if he is seriously looking.  

Sign in to follow this