Pokey151

Picked up a new leftover 19 CRF450L

With this new bike, I had a hard decision between this and the new KTM 500 EXC.  The rebate on the CRF pushed me to red.  I was able to get the CRF PLUS all the goodies including a larger tank for what the 500 was.  I know its still not a KTM 500 though.   

Anyways my point of this post is to just link up and ride new places.  As I type this, its still all stock minus a set of Goldentyres (which are very slippery on the street. Downshifting breaks the rear loose.  Reminds me of my supermoto days with a overheated rear tire.)   So I am waiting for all the parts to show up.   I still need just a couple items I forgot to order, a skid plate and hand guards.  I also should add a GPS to this as well  Maybe a scotts steering stabilizer?

What are your thoughts on a GPS and skid plate for these?   My older KTM I added a trail tech Voyager, I really liked it but I think its overkill because of this bike already having temp, speedo etc.. Skid plates, aluminum or the new plastic ones?  I am use to the metal and never trusted the plastic but reading up on them, they seem to be solid.

Also for the current 450L owners, any info would be appreciated.    

20200115_152408.jpg

20200117_124854.jpg

• Like 3

I made switch to plastic and haven't looked back but having said that not all plastic is created equal looks like axp is available for the crf they are bulletproof

Congrats on the new bike! Enjoy!:good:

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

I made switch to plastic and haven't looked back but having said that not all plastic is created equal looks like axp is available for the crf they are bulletproof

Thanks, that is the one I was looking at.

40 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Congrats on the new bike! Enjoy!:good:

Thank you! 😎

Slaugo has one, maybe pm him if he doesn’t find this soon.
Congrats on the new Honda👍👍

Yeah, Slaugo is our resident expert on red sleds

TMD-XL.jpg

TMD Skid Plate with about 8k miles off-road.  Also consider that the non-metal are silent compared to aluminum rattle cans.

22 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Also consider that the non-metal are silent compared to aluminum rattle cans.

+1

Most excellent machine. the sky is the limit with mods. You can view Enduro 21 for details as well as on the Italian importer site of Redmoto to see all the trick bits, PS all FIM enduro machines are street legal.

here is a legit DS ( so OK Euros don't require turn signals but neither do 1/2 the Harley chopper guys)version to reach for.

CRF_400_RX_ENDURO_SPECIAL-2Redmoto_2019_Honda_Launch_Enduro21_560.jpg

Congrats Pokey, I would assume that every SDAR member is happy to see a fellow rider with a new bike in the back of a pick-up. 

It screams of joy and happiness!  Well done, looks good!

On 1/22/2020 at 8:42 AM, robertaccio said:

Most excellent machine. the sky is the limit with mods. You can view Enduro 21 for details as well as on the Italian importer site of Redmoto to see all the trick bits, PS all FIM enduro machines are street legal.

here is a legit DS ( so OK Euros don't require turn signals but neither do 1/2 the Harley chopper guys)version to reach for.

CRF_400_RX_ENDURO_SPECIAL-2Redmoto_2019_Honda_Launch_Enduro21_560.jpg

WOW that is gorgeous!! 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, MacDuncan said:

Congrats Pokey, I would assume that every SDAR member is happy to see a fellow rider with a new bike in the back of a pick-up. 

It screams of joy and happiness!  Well done, looks good!

Thank you.  Looks like a few of my goodies for this showed up today, now I need to watch the clock run extra slow until quitting time