Oracle

Solo mission to ABDSP and Ocotillo Wells...

My kids and I were supposed to be out in Ocotillo Wells camping for the three day weekend. But life got in the way and that plan fell through. We then decided to just do a one day trip for today, but they fell through too. So I text a few buddies about riding today and got a couple  riders lined up for a 200 mile small bike loop that I put together...Guess what...that fell through too. So I said fart it and I jumped on the the big T-twin, known as Fury, and started east early this morning by myself. 

I enjoy riding solo...but on the big bike in sand, with street tires, you can get in trouble quick, so I kept that in mind and rode to have fun and to stay alive. I hit a lot of trails in AZBDSP, including Rodriguez , Orliflame, Grapevine, Culp, Salt Mine wash, Quartz wash, Buttes Pass, etc. After exiting from Buttes, I decided to hit up OW so I spent some time freestyling the 950 across the desert. Some of my friends, yes I have a couple, were out there camping so I stopped by and let their wives feed me lunch. It was the least I could do. I was offered beer, and tempted, but had the will power to say no since I had a 1 1/2 hour slab ride home and the sun was going down. Wow, I did two smart things today...I'm impressed.

A funny thing happened as I was riding up Salt Mine wash. If you aren't familiar with it, it's one of those side trail that most of us fly right by as we are going east on the 78 just after the "narrows"....There are several side trials that are all up and backs...Salt Mine is one of them. So I'm riding about 5 miles up Salt Mine and I'm just about to turn around and head back to the 78 to continue my exploration, and I pass this grey truck with a pop up camper just like Kug has...sure as ----...Kug popped out from behind his rig when he heard the might 950 barelling up the wash....very coincidental but very cool to cross paths with a friend in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2020 at 5:58 PM, Oracle said:

Wow... that is neat! 

I did a loop to Aqua Clientele and back via the Sunrise HYW. But my wife went with me and we had to take the Carrera. Saw many small bikes on the way down to Ocotillo.

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

With the Monster Tail Box handicap.

It's a cooler....:heh:

Looks like a good ride/escape...…...thanks for the invite buddy...….I'm pretty stitched up on weekends these days since we're trying to get Casa de Crawdaddy ready for sale...…..most weekends are spent moving, donating, or tossing "stuff".....

The first time I ever met Paul...he made fun of my big box. Somethings you just never forget...

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 5:58 PM, Oracle said:

...Kug popped out from behind his rig when he heard the might 950 barelling up the wash....very coincidental but very cool to cross paths with a friend in the middle of nowhere...

:thumbsup_anim:

On 1/19/2020 at 5:58 PM, Oracle said:

--...Kug popped out from behind his rig when he heard the might 950 barelling up the wash... ice cream truck creeping up into his camp site.

fixed it for you Loren.

Paul's blasphemy is going to haunt me I see...:heh: