Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Parking Ticket on Pine Valley Rd.

Tickets were written on a bunch of vehicles legally parallel parked on Pine Valley Rd.  There are zero no parking signs and this is a county road fenced outside of the park trail head boundary. What do you guys have to offer. I am going to go to court for this one. I feel I can parallel park legally on county roads in a safe position without playing F-F games with public servants.

Also without research I believe that area is within the boundary of the 8 freeway path/easement through the county, because of the fence line that follows the freeway typically on both the North and South.

Anyway no matter what is said I will fight this. Its a $130 fine. I call BS. Violation 36CFR261.17

I'm not trying to justify the ticket by any means. But it's not a parking ticket per se, it's a ticket for not having / displaying an adventure pass...at least based on a quick google search of the section you posted. There has been many discussions about whether or not an adventure pass is required to park there. I've always believed it was required, but others have said it is not. Do you have an adventure pass? If so, you have a better chance of a judge dismissing the ticket if you can prove it. Personally, it pisses me off that the Federal government requires an adventure pass for us to recreate on our own land. Last few times I've gone to Corral I either ride there from home or park in the town of Pine Valley and unload from there.

• Like 1

legally its an easy beat in court, legal does not mean logical.

legally I can say I parked along pine valley to carpool to el Centro/walk to pine valley/ to visit my coworker that lives in PV/ watch the cars go by on the freeway.

The only evidence for the ticket citation the agent witnessed is my truck legally parked on the side of the county/state road, outside the fenced area of the cul de sac.  they never saw me, or where I went or what I was doing. PS I've purchased at least 5 ADV passes over the years and used them probably 10 times at most, they have collected enough from me. I will shut up now.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cleveland/recarea/?recid=47404

ADV pass needed - assuming INSIDE the fence. But I am probably wrong. I find it ridiculous that I could take a vehicle on the dirt there, but if I park and walk - or park and ride, I need to pay. Ditto on everything LB wrote. Forgive me, I'm mostly retired and currently bored.

Even though history says they ticket there and have signed the area, my question at court would be "if the rangers wanted to secure the trailhead, where would they do that?" Being it's at the fence in the pic below, that would be where a reasonable human would thing "all things trailhead" apply. Without "between here and here" marked or "pay area" painted on the roadway adjacent to the cul-de-sac inside the fence, it's not clear. 

The signs are there to inform people if they park within the fenced in area, they need an ADV pass. That's my (i'mnotalawyer) take on it.

Easements, etc. Your conclusion may be valid, dunno. There may be agreements in place but that'd take some time to research. SDPD had an agreement with the Navy for policing their housing areas - not just within city limits, but on base to a certain extent. I drove on Miramar past the guard shack to do a SWAT mission once. A weird feeling going on a military base for that.

But, their map shows the forest going to the freeway. This isn't the designated Bear Valley Trailhead from my reading, it's CNF, unless an ADV pass is needed to park along Hwy 80 - which I doubt.

BC map 1

The Bear Valley Trailhead map shows the road outside the fence line included.

BC map 2

Were these signs still there? No other indicators of where that applies? 

BC map 3

We had out of state vehicles with us.....none of them were ticketed, I find that humorous, we only need to fleece our local residents.

PS that's classic I don't think there are ADV pass signs there.

Google maps street view grab on the sign pic - dunno vintage. I've seen 'em but haven't been there in a few years, so....

Goodwill spread to out of staters is a policy of some.