paulmbowers

January 8 2020 Borrego Springs

Van, SoCalMule and I did 90+ miles. One of us (who shall not be named) lost his phone along the way. Since we'd reached about halfway, we used his GPS to nearly perfectly backtrack the route- but no luck finding it. And yes, we tried FindMy etc- but it's either damaged or out of service.

Here's the interactive route:  https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvyzKKAG4O/explore

Here's the regular route: https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvyzKKAG4O

OH- Forgot:

paradise-2194.jpg

Such a happy guy.  Great to have ya both along for the adventure.

25 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Who was that old guy in the photo? 

They call him Methuselah

Good Work Gentle Men. 90 mph, I would say you received your reward.  Out in the crop fields, I imagine.

1 minute ago, Bagstr said:

Good Work Gentile Men. 90 mph, I would say you received your reward.  Out in the crop fields, I imagine.

That was the same wash that your bike decided it was time for a top end refresh 😎

Inspiration of another kind.  Ha,  I topped out at 62 mph; not going fast enough evidently.

😇

That is super cool that you found the phone, well done!!  and got another ride in, and...  I hope, gently untangled something that can be quite dangerous if it had found a body part. I have seen a couple riders pick up rubbish barbed wire over near superstition, but never on the route you took.  I even once chased some fella over a mile to let him know that he was dragging about 30 feet of wire that was wrapped around his boot - he never knew..... a close one no doubt!   Yahoo. I was gonna head out on that loop saturday to find the phone, so glad you already found it.   Cheers. 

A big thanks to Mark for joining me on the ride, otherwise may have not gone solo.  So may variables that came together. Very lucky indeed to have it back (I guess I'm not "nameless" any longer).  Perseverance paid off.   Also found a "Metric" adjustable wrench. We had a tailwind equal to our slow riding speed and our bikes were getting hot (fan running) from no air flow through the radiators.  Hence the one big backtrack into the wind to cool them off.   

IMG_2063(2).JPG

• Like 1

Van, I really enjoyed our ride yesterday. We sure got a lot accomplished in that 103 miles. Thank you for the top off on gas and the top off of a wonderful plate of shredded beef enchiladas and a nice cold Modelo! It was a perfect day. 😊

• Like 1

Phone was in fine shape with 70% battery remaining.  I think since it was down the ground it did not have service to be able to use the "find my phone."  When I picked it up it had no service, but then connected and I made a call no problem.  The Lifeproof phone case did its job.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, SoCalMule said:

The phone was found deep in the Southern California Desert! Here is a link to the whole thing. At the end of the video you will note that no good deed goes unpunished! https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvrDwYkVx6

Fantastic!