Sign in to follow this  
AFM24

Intro to Anza

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Funny = interesting, not haha.

On Saturday morning I was going to meet Goofy Footer for the first time and do my first ride from Warner Springs to Anza. The morning came and GF didn't show so I went solo. The funny part was that after I'd finished the ride to Anza, had lunch and started back down Terwilliger, I stopped for a moment and up rode some guy on a WR450F. It turned out to be GF! If it had been a minute either way I'm sure we wouldn't have seen each other or I would have passed by with a friendly wave. I enjoyed having someone else along and we rode back to Chihuahua Valley Road together. From there GF took the pavement and I continued on the dirt, both of us reaching the glider port about the same time.

233177669_GoofyFooterwiththebikes.jpg.cf087e756ef2df9f63b64f6e70168a75.jpg

The weather was great and the roads were in pretty good condition for 2-wheelers. A bit of dust, several damp sections and still enough mud to throw a good layer onto the bike. The road conditions reminded me of Los Compadres trail in Baja. The memory of four broken ribs affected me more than I'd expected and I was really slow northbound; by the end of the ride I was feeling more comfortable. The best cure will be more riding!

Thanks to Goofy Footer for coming along and making the day a bit more interesting.

• Like 1