Sign in to follow this  
Ptkatoomer

First "real" ride on my new 2020 Ktm 300 XC-w tpi

My son Matt and I met up with Kenny and a couple of others for the first real shakedown on my new scoot out at McCain. It was epic conditions  and the bike is amazing! I'm right in the middle if their target weight at 178lbs and for singletrack, the suspension was great. It's super plush but never felt like it was going to bottom harshly at all. I felt like I was riding this bike faster and was less fatigued on my first try. And the ability to ride this bike a gear high without any worry of it loading up like my old bike did was a treat. The motor is super smooth and linear right from the crack of the throttle.  And just pulling up to the gas station and dumping in gas is pretty sweet!

• Like 4

Wow another TPI bike in the mix (haha the mix). I'm becoming more of a dinosaur weekly now, I think you are about the 6th guy I know that has the injected 2 stroke configuration.

Good ride for sure. 
These TPI bikes run as crisp and clean Stock as my heavily modified 2018 300xcw does on 110 octane race gas. 

3B2164FA-503E-42D5-996E-A0E65D85A923.jpeg

1196F72B-4A69-4E79-AC38-FEE941222DFE.jpeg

D8700D37-4839-411A-8FEC-CBB568F98EF2.jpeg

C44B1EBD-98C3-4FE3-9727-DE26E590988A.jpeg

368FFF18-BDB8-4CD5-A0D8-E397174D4237.jpeg

D15D01D1-D115-447F-8642-13B5911B8EF4.jpeg

Robert. When you upgrade what’s your new dream ride?

Injected? 

Nice purchase .

The injected bikes are easier to tune..

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:11 PM, Ken S said:

Robert. When you upgrade what’s your new dream ride?

Ken, Most likely it will be a TX300i, but I may do the TE300i so I have the lights already included, suspension work will be done anyway ( I'm not a fan of the TE suspension). I like all the tech on the Husky brand i.e. Linkage suspension, Composite subframe (flex), then of course the the brand itself, Motos since 1903, mega championships (in name as Husqvarna), traditional brand, crazy Swede name!

As for add on, 1st thing to check ECU, research, most likely Coober Austria for simplicity of plug and play, for a well engineered optimizing stock system brain box, I don't want to play with adjusting maps like all the internet cowboys.