Nice post PM, I was able to follow the route as if I was there  :)  Well done. That's a cool app. I hope the other boys had a good lap and really wish I was on one of those rides - dang emergent house chores - grrr. Cheers. 

Paul what a treat! That was a fun track we shared today. You are a good friend to get out on the trail with me so early...and plainly a good friend. Thank you.

👍 One of these days I'll be all grown up and ready to do a ride like that...

2 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Paul what a treat! That was a fun track we shared today. You are a good friend to get out on the trail with me so early...and plainly a good friend. Thank you.

I’d be an even better friend (hard to believe, I know!) if you didn’t hurl a baseball-sized stone like a cannonball at my instep with your back wheel. 

Got a helluva hematoma going here. Despite the Sidi Crossfires!

2 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

I’d be an even better friend (hard to believe, I know!) if you didn’t hurl a baseball-sized stone like a cannonball at my instep with your back wheel. 

Got a helluva hematoma going here. Despite the Sidi Crossfires!

These injury reports need to stop...no one is going to ride with me any more. That will make me sad. I’m already sad to know that you have a sore foot. 

Thanks,  Super cool data on that interactive global perspective, from the ride link you shared. When I saw your first loop, I was wondering why when you got to Vallecitos you decided to go back to pinyon drop instead of heading to diablo drop, I didn't think it was a gas issue (as they might have been about the same from where you were to where you were going, and you must of had the big tanks, or carried gas, for that kind of loop....., but maybe you just wanted more dirt since you already logged a few tarmac miles, or the fun of the stairs and heart attack hill to round out the day.  Regardless, well done to the both of you, and for the early sunrise crisp morning start, the dirt and sand must have been super!  

Nah. 

I turned the wrong direction, over the objections of TheMule. 

20 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

These injury reports need to stop...no one is going to ride with me any more. That will make me sad. I’m already sad to know that you have a sore foot. 

Oh, he knew what he was getting into to....🤣

• Like 1

Oroflamme Canyon - I suspect you “Tested the gate at the Pacific Crest Trail”? How much traffic westward from gate?

Also Pinion Canyon Drop question: Had every 4 Wheeler west of Denver churned the track in a Test of their masculinity ?

17 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Oroflamme Canyon - I suspect you “Tested the gate at the Pacific Crest Trail”? How much traffic westward from gate?

Also Pinion Canyon Drop question: Had every 4 Wheeler west of Denver churned the track in a Test of their masculinity ?

We stopped at the easily-circumvented yet well-signed gate. The road on both sides of the gate displayed signs of recent grading and frequent traffic.

I didn't think any of the trails we rode yesterday were particularly trashed. We did ride Old Kane Springs off Split Mountain which has always been a whooped mess, and remains so.

5 hours ago, Oracle said:

Oh, he knew what he was getting into to....🤣

But still, man! 

Relive creates the movie from the gpx file I retrieve from my Garmin GPS. 

it might be possible to use a phone, but I’m unaware of that option. 

3 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Relive creates the movie from the gpx file I retrieve from my Garmin GPS. 

it might be possible to use a phone, but I’m unaware of that option. 

okay thanks!