Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Steel Wheel Repair?

Can anybody recommend a shop for some repairs to a steel wheel?  The lip is folded over pretty badly in one spot.  It is a fairly rare wheel off a military trailer so it is worth fixing.  It is the same type of wheel off a USMC Mighty Mite which are ultra lite jeeps made in the 60's.

M416B1_Trailer_-_side_view_med.jpg.1f822a018d3a91a38cf109f38870cdf9.jpg

• Like 1

I used this guy some years ago on VW Racecar Jackman wheels.  San Diego Wheel Repair.

Image071.jpg

• Like 2

I am on an old Jeep page and can ask around if someone has one, if that is an option for you.  I see these pop up on there every now and then so it is a possibility.  If you want me to check for you, please send me some specs and I am happy to do it!

There might even be one up at my Mom's.  I've been sick in bed for the last three days but I will try get up and look over the weekend  if I feel better.  If you can shoot me the size I'll look and I'll also post it on the Jeep page and see what responses I get.

Found 2 in Clovis (Fresno area); waiting to hear what he wants and then I will pass on.  I have asked for pics as well.  Good guy and I have bought from him before so I can vouch for him.

Hope to go up to Mom's today or tomorrow (I'm about 85% today so may take it easy one more day and kick this fully).  I'll let you know how I do up there once I go.

Heard back from Clovis; he says $75 for the pair.  I'm still fighting the crud and have not gone up to Mom's to see if she has one or not.

Military wheels.jpg

Yessir.  Since I usually PM him I will check if my other contact info is still good and then send to you.