Bagstr

First Ride of 2020 - Thursday

January Tooth ( 2nd ) Thursday, Borrego Breakfast 0800 followed by an ABDSP loop of about 80 miles. No gas or support on the route. Tubes - Tools - Water. Plated Bikes and and an attitude of respect for the Park. 

Edit : Wednesday Night 8:00pm -  Arriving Kendall's Cafe parking lot which is across from new library ( and near Post Office, 8:00am.

The First Half of the Winter Riding Season is in the book of life.  The debate is raging in my head as to whether to squeeze one Last '19 Ride in Tuesday, December 31, Or Ring In the New Year Thursday Jan 2.

The bike is ready with; 2 new tires, a new crampon bag, and a new radio.  Is Bagstr ready, That is the question. The Desert would appear to be ready with over one half inch of rain in the last few days. SoCalMule, How Much Mud is there in the clay?  Is the Dez abounding with Holiday Two Track Destroyers?

Downloaded the CaliforniaTrailMap successfully to the GPS but ran into difficulty running it on the notebook. ( MacBookPro )

Bagstr

P1030394edited-L.jpg

I'll be in the desert, but with four wheels (FJ). Sorry to miss either.  Looking forward to a new year of riding!

Won't make a ride next week. Heading out tomorrow to Superstition. Taking the SXS and leaving the dirt bike home. Pictures I saw from today at Ocotillo Wells looked pretty muddy. That will probably dry down by next week BUT they are expecting up to a 1/4" more on Monday\Monday night. Early reports from buddies that are out there confirm the mud and that the desert is pretty crowded. My guess is that the bulk of the crowd will leave Wednesday.

I'm off all next week.  Wouldn't mind meeting up for a desert ride anytime next week. 

So the Monday moisture AND my wife helped me decide that Thursday, January 2nd would be the best choice. Possible more rain Monday which could impact the clay bottoms. We will give it a couple of days to transition to Perfect conditions.  Just a couple of miles pavement access, then all in the Park Two Track. ( No off-trail riding )

Great that the holiday is helping guys join us. We will be roaming around at a moderate pace soaking up the vast landscape and comradeship of the trail. We should be out of Kendall's about  8:45 and gear up in the parking area near the road.  Radios are helpful 146.505.

The Governor

Updated 1st Post.

P10203101000w-L.jpg

On 12/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, Bagstr said:

January Tooth ( 2nd ) Borrego Breakfast 0800 

I'll be starting my ride a couple hours earlier, and may join you for breakfast or part of your ride.

I’m in.

I’ll have a radio that is hopefully programmed correctly and will have listening capability. Waiting for Rugged to have a sale before I buy the rest of the set up so just some cheap helmet speakers for now. I can pull over to transmit if I get into trouble.
I’ll pack my knee pads too

Unfortunately I’m out for Tuesday have an appointment at 1pm that day. Haven’t been out to check the mud content but historically the conditions will have a slimy area or two! Have a great ride!

Desert is perfect right now.  Could be a little drier, but the washes aren't terribly muddy.  Just ride in the tracks that have already been ridden and don't gas it too hard.  Plan on spending an hour or two power washing your bike afterwards.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, DWreck91 said:

I’m in.

I’ll have a radio that is hopefully programmed correctly and will have listening capability. Waiting for Rugged to have a sale before I buy the rest of the set up so just some cheap helmet speakers for now. I can pull over to transmit if I get into trouble.
I’ll pack my knee pads too

DWreck91 - 

I have 2 RR spare basic harness sets. One is repaired and tested,   which will cost you the price of breakfast if you want it. The other is in need of repair, which is yours gratis is you want it.  You still need the radio adapter and the Head Set to have a complete system.

Rugged%20B-L.jpg

Rugged%20A-L.jpg

I have the headset and might have a spare radio adapter- you're welcome to borrow both and determine if you really want to hear what we're saying.

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

DWreck91 - 

I have 2 RR spare basic harness sets. One is repaired and tested,   which will cost you the price of breakfast if you want it. The other is in need of repair, which is yours gratis is you want it.  You still need the radio adapter and the Head Set to have a complete system.

Rugged%20B-L.jpg

Rugged%20A-L.jpg

I can’t pass that deal up, I’d be happy to buy you breakfast for the repaired set up. I don’t trust my skills to repair the other set up. 
Paul, appreciate the offer, I’ll be set up well enough to just listen on this ride. Once I get Bagstr’s set up I’ll buy the other components to complete it. I just couldn’t stomach the $250 when I knew a discount code would come around if I waited. And I don’t want to fiddle with trying to get the full set up done in the morning before the ride. 

Just got an email that Rugged is having a 20% off sale today so I’m picking up the whole set up. Now I’ll be sure I have everything and who knows, maybe I’ll even have it in time for the ride. Thanks for the offers Bagstr and Paul

Excellent.  Yes, I thought they were running discounts constantly this time of year.

16 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

I have the headset and might have a spare radio adapter- you're welcome to borrow both and determine if you really want to hear what we're saying.

Out :(

Wrapping up the year healing some bulging discs - followed up with a white sandy beach somewhere far away 

PMB

lmk if you want me to drop off the radio / cable you let me borrow last time 

3 hours ago, Riggerdan said:

PMB

lmk if you want me to drop off the radio / cable you let me borrow last time 

If you're in my 'hood, great, call or drop it in the mailbox. Not a rush.

Oh Bags I got to work. Crappy schedual this year with the Holidays in the middle of the week. 

KK and UC, -  We will have a Moment of Silence for you at an overlook. ( Brief Moment )  I know you two, when you have time, you will run off to the White Sandy Beach with D'Rigger.

The dez will probably be lousy with chopped up two track from the Holiday Crowd, so you won't really miss much.

:cowboy:

Uncle Champ,

On Friday your work will just be beginning. Really, you will simply have a New Boss.

💁‍♀️

Went out to the Dez today. Amazed there weren't more people out there. It was epic conditions: still some standing water and spots you had to look out for, but perfect temps.

Copy Dawn Patrol

Listen to your radio, as I always Hope to be  on a new circuit

Desert,,    🦕

Newsflash -- I may be in - let you know later .