Bagstr

Desert Caterpillars Scenic Experience - Thursday 0800 Showup

Showing Up at 0800 So.Carrizo at the trees east of S-1 near Bow Willow Campground.  No gas stops, 75-80 miles, Tubes, Tools and a sense of Humor.  Radios if you have them tuned to 146.505.  If no radio, please ride in the middle of our group so we don't lose you.

Catch Up on the lives of San Diego County and the latest mechanical modifications. Guys with homes in Arizona are still welcome, for now.

We are out here to absorb the unspoiled landscape. Almost totally in the Park two track,  Plated Bikes riding On the Trails.

Bagstr            🦕

Carrizo%20Post-L.jpg

i-sJwxtbf-XL.jpg

Hoping this will keep me on the trail this week. Running on the front flat made the day feel really strange. Having two rim locks allowed me to ride for miles and miles.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, Bagstr said:

Guys with homes in Arizona are still welcome, for now.

Bagstr            🦕

:coolio::heh:.   Unfortunately I have to work this Thursday :thumbsdown_anim:..….looking to put an end to that in the 2nd quarter of 2020 :thumbsup_anim:

I work Thursday as well but I am taking the next 2 weeks off. I sure would like to get out with you guys

Don't know about the others,  But I will probably take off until after Christmas then get back to work before the first.  Usually about 80 miles without gas stops.

🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the gracious invitation to the Arizona residents, but unfortunately I cant make it that day.

I will be coming out again in January. No details yet, hope to hook up with the Breakfast Club. Any January ride dates planned yet?

After the second quarter of 2020, me and Crawdaddy will carpool to Borrego....when invited, of course.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, amgems said:

After the second quarter of 2020, me and Crawdaddy will carpool to Borrego....when invited, of course.

Near the end of the 2nd quarter we'll be riding in the higher terrain near Williams, Flagstaff, Sedona, etc...…..riding season will be over in the low deserts of Southern California by then...….but folks with homes in CA. will be welcome to join us......for now...….

22 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Near the end of the 2nd quarter we'll be riding in the higher terrain near Williams, Flagstaff, Sedona, etc...…..riding season will be over in the low deserts of Southern California by then...….but folks with homes in CA. will be welcome to join us......for now...….

Just pass on thru to Utah and be done with it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, amgems said:

....when invited, of course.

You're always invited.

Crawdaddy, not as much. 😎

But anytime you want, Jim.

Any room for a relative novice? I’ve never ridden in Anza Borrego but I meet the equipment requirements and hope I can keep up with the sense of humor requirement. 
Did 800 miles of CA BDR solo in October so I’m pretty confident in my ability on desert roads, as long as we aren’t expecting anything too technical? 

36 minutes ago, DWreck91 said:

Any room for a relative novice? I’ve never ridden in Anza Borrego but I meet the equipment requirements and hope I can keep up with the sense of humor requirement. 
Did 800 miles of CA BDR solo in October so I’m pretty confident in my ability on desert roads, as long as we aren’t expecting anything too technical? 

hmmm  

Post a joke and let’s see if you qualify  

34 minutes ago, DWreck91 said:

I tried to catch some fog yesterday but I mist

eh?

Well.

Might be something here. It's cornball enough, and I appreciate the use of a homonym- extra points.

There's potential.

As we say, " All are welcome".  The tide may well be out,  never the less be ready to surf. 

It is all two track except those Dead End Canyons.  We are rarely brave enough to go there with numbers greater than three.

See you there DWreck

1 minute ago, Bagstr said:

As we say, " All are welcome".  The tide may well be out,  never the less be ready to surf. 

It is all two track except those Dead End Canyons.  We are rarely brave enough to go there with numbers greater than three.

See you there DWreck

Do you need to drop a pin?

Mr. Bowers,

Bought that CaliforniaTrailMaps software plus the Vector mapping. I will see if I can get it loaded for Thursday.  Gave my front wheel to Bob at San Diego Powerhouse to true

up and replace at least one spoke. He promised it for me Wednesday.  By the way, I realized that Bob is the owner of that fine business.    👀

I gave him a Big apology today about mistaking him for Tim's ( the mechanic ) helper. 

Mr. Lockard

P.S.  I will put up a map in the morning if that will help.  Is this for you CID or DWreck

A pin drop would be helpful for me, been looking around the map and haven’t been able to find the meeting point 

Radios are helpful in keeping the group on track and allowing the dust to settle between riders.   146.505

🦕