Mr.JAJA

Spark Tester

I know that you all know, that you can use a Household power tester like in the picture works well on the bike/car to check if the coil/ cylinder/ stick coil, has a spark. Right?

If not, get one for X-mas

Mr.JAJA

51BRKHGTnTL._SL1000_.jpg

032886963025.jpg

milwaukee-voltage-tester-2200-20-64_1000.jpg

Double Kewl -  Never thought to use it that way.    👀

Non-Contact voltage tester.  Senses voltage by reading the magnetic field.  I give these $20 tools to friends doing household projects to keep them alive.

Come to think of it, I need to give one to CID,   yikes.

1 minute ago, Bagstr said:

I give these $20 tools to friends doing household projects to keep them alive.

You've never given me one. I wonder what I'm supposed to conclude about that....

13 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

You've never given me one. I wonder what I'm supposed to conclude about that....

That I need to go to Home Depot to get a water filter

Definitely use mine all the time.

BUT!

It only shows the presence of high voltage- it won't tell you if the resistor spark plug cap is working, or if the wire connection to the cap is failing. Or if the spark plug is no good. Or if your piston is about to melt onto the cylinder in Inspiration Wash.

Oh.

Too soon?

46 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

BUT!

It only shows the presence of high voltage- it won't tell you if the resistor spark plug cap is working, or if the wire connection to the cap is failing. Or if the spark plug is no good. Or if your piston is about to melt onto the cylinder in Inspiration Wash.

Oh.

Too soon?

It will not tell you if you low on fuel, or the air is low in the front tire, but it tell's that you have a electric spark, and that helps for quick diagnostic. All the rest above, is the next step. wrench time.

50 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

It will not tell you if you low on fuel, or the air is low in the front tire, but it tell's that you have a electric spark, and that helps for quick diagnostic. All the rest above, is the next step. wrench time.

Agreed!

What the holding end of wire to find out if sparkythingy works or not has gone out of style? Next youll tell me not to lick the flagpole when is 12 degrees out 

5 hours ago, DSM8 said:

What the holding end of wire to find out if sparkythingy works or not has gone out of style? Next youll tell me not to lick the flagpole when is 12 degrees out 

Did you clime up the flagpole and read the note I put on? "ENDE DER FAHNENSTANGE"

On 12/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, Bagstr said:

Senses voltage by reading the magnetic field. 

I was riding in the magnetic field once and hit a washout at speed....I could have used one of these little gadgets mounted to the front fender and saved a lot of pain!

When I was a kid I worked in the magnetic field.  It was back breaking work, and the days were long in the hot sun.  I looked at it as a stepping stone and not as a career, and was able to move on to a real job years later.  I learned a lot there and am thankful for the time I spent.

I only worked in the Strawberry field with out electricity. Still made it to my retirement.

25 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I only worked in the Strawberry field with out electricity. Still made it to my retirement.

So there is hope for me!!!

• Haha 1