Suspenders

KTM 790R or Yamaha T7 or

So I like the T7 lots but I like to be a hooligan once in a while. The KTM 790R has the power to do just that. I sent an email to the same guy in Latvia that cut open my 990 Ecu and took out the immobilizer and all the nanny crap to see if he can do it to the 790. I see what KTM is doing with the 790R warranty program. Deny for any reason possible. Clutches go bad and ruin a motor they put it down for owner abuse and deny.  Customer in Vegas put hand guards on his bike and cut the clutch and brake handles shorter. KTM will not warranty the leaking shock. Been in the shop for about a month. Owner finally gave up and bought the upgrade shock from WP. Another bike at GP, immobilizer allows the bike to start sometimes and KTM stated the bike has too many modifications. Deny.

I figure if I buy either bike the mods will come fast. If I buy the KTM I might as well assume no warranty and the immobilizer is my biggest worry, and clutches. I know hundreds of shocks are blowing on the R model. I already know how to fix that. So if I was keeping the bike totally stock I would not worry so much. The 790 has a 48mm fork. That is good bones. T7 likely would install new forks, increase power output and ride the hell out of it. New forks means custom fork lugs or maybe a KTM front end?

Hmm a T790 Yaktmaha might be in my future! 

• Like 1

Really disappointing to hear KTM is looking for any way to avoid warranty issues.....

Well I’ve had my deposit in on the T7 for almost a year now. Just 6 more  months until it hits. I’ll keep my 950 Adventure until then.

CiD

1 hour ago, Covered in Dust said:

Well I’ve had my deposit in on the T7 for almost a year now. Just 6 more  months until it hits. I’ll keep my 950 Adventure until then.

CiD

Will the T7 be up for midweek corn beef hash?

Personally, I have my sights set on the T7 and I am also considering a new Super Tenere, only because I want some of the upgraded creature comforts.

You should know, I am probably a Yamaha Fanboy, unofficially. All my bikes are Yamaha's and I find myself gravitating to them when I start looking for deals online. Second, I am not a good rider and probably do not come close to utilizing 10% of the bikes capabilities.

If Yamaha came out with a 400-500 cc Tenere inspired bike, I would probably blindly hand my money over without thinking twice about it. The T7 seems like a fun option for the days I want something a little lighter and hopefully more nimble.