Suspenders

T700 Yamaha Adventure

46 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Awww.

This wounds me.

I don’t mean any disrespect, I’ve owned 2 950/990 Adventures and while they can be ridden off road and very well by some I don’t consider them “Off Road Bikes”. Just my 2 cents. You’re experience may vary.

I don’t at this time consider the T700 an off road bike. My hope is it’s a great ADV bike that is good off road.

CiD

6 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I don’t mean any disrespect,

Nah- none taken.

You know I agree, to the point where I very nearly offloaded the 990 recently. I enjoy its role as an ADV bike, and not so much as a dirt bike.

Isn't this the bike that Yamaha Introduced at the 2008 EICMA show, that never was imported here??? I remember an all new Tenere' model at the Yamaha pad that was beautiful, somewhere I have a foto of it.

14 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

Isn't this the bike that Yamaha Introduced at the 2008 EICMA show, that never was imported here??? I remember an all new Tenere' model at the Yamaha pad that was beautiful, somewhere I have a foto of it.

Well, about 2017 or so at the show.  It has been for sale overseas for about a year and is set to be a 2020 model here.

The Ténéré 1200 was sold overseas for two years before sold here in 2012.

• Like 1

Although some want the bike yesterday, the fact that it is released elsewhere in advance does get us a better bike here. Well sorted.

Silver lining!

23 hours ago, Suspenders said:

The T700 Seating position is quite open compared to the 790 and do not think it would need risers for those that use them.

Couple of the  reasons I am even looking at this bike as a possible purchase is Yamaha seems to make bikes that are more dependable through more models than the other manufacturers. Like Honda used to be. Do not know if it is the testing they do or the engineers they employ.

The T7 also has fewer electronics. Had a 790R here last week that is now at GP due to anti theft device malfunction. Randomly will not start. Some have same issue with 1090 and I had same issue with 990.

Yes for hard core the suspension is still an unknown until after this T700 does the Barsow to Vegas run. That should give us some feedback. This is a rush job so the springs I have to provide for this rider will be soft for his weight but still will get some feedback.

Internally this suspension is nearly identical to the WR250R forks except 43mm instead of 46mm and the Africa twin specs are almost identical as well. But the tubes on this bike were not trashed internally upon inspection. The Africa Twin, earlier models anyhow would have been worn already.

Lots of info to gain in the next few months.

These are valuable comments. Specifically the opinion on the state of durability between Yamaha and Big H.

💡

Is he out?  24hrs later, he must be out. We are down Tuesday, need help?

He is out and back to Canada.

" A couple hundred dollars of damage to the bike"   Much more than that I would suspect!

This is the proper way to dispose of a motorcycle when the company wants to get rid of it at the end of testing! 

Dusty from West38Moto bought one last year and says it’s pretty amazing. And he’s ridden everything.