Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Husky 901 Concept Adventure Bike

Eicma is loaded with not only new cool oem stuff but all sorts of small cottage company cool stuff too

Now that’s what I’m talking about  

big bikes at friggen  awesome.  
I would love to see more options against the BMW.  While I love the 1200 to pieces, it won’t get better until someone kicked their ass a little. 
the big GS ADV is so much more capable than most realize.

in my opinion the big advantage is the boxer engine. Your bike is going to fall. And the boxer does not fall flat. That’s why several folks I know sold their 800’s and went back to the 1200 as it was just as easy or easier to pick up than the smaller bike. 
no one buys a 1200 to ride off-road. It’s to tour “to” the off-road and continue on. That’s the genre I love and embrace. 

8 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Umm ktm 1090,1190 and 1290

I rode a friends 1190 and was quite disappointed. but to be fair, it was a 10 years old, so I would assume they've improved. And of course it's not smart to ride one bike and judge the whole breed by it.

12 hours ago, Zubb said:

I rode a friends 1190 and was quite disappointed. but to be fair, it was a 10 years old, so I would assume they've improved. And of course it's not smart to ride one bike and judge the whole breed by it.

Somethings not right as the 1190 didn't come out until 2014 so there are no 10 year old 1190s out there yet. Perhaps you rode a 950? In which case, yes, there have been very dramatic improvements in the bikes since the 950/990 generation.

I'll ask him about it.  I'm pretty sure it was an 1190, it was not a 950 or 990.  My brain isn't always turned up to 10 anymore.