Rode a couple days around Yuma and Winterhaven. Did 180 miles and only about 20 slab. Great weather and nobody else around. Had one minor mishap at the top of a rocky hill. We found a cool place in the desert called Valley of Names. People have been writing names in the sand with rocks for years. It goes on for about a mile. Of course I memorialized the wife..

IMG_8280.JPG

uHpE9ZlcSOWMGkrilHRZGw.jpg

yoRoO+p5Qmu%95DRA8yq2Q.jpg

Jo8eGs%%RMefwN8PnCW2lA.jpg

GuENGxSpSYqtHhS0PNkFww.jpg

UYSi1SWsR6OaGLvc+YSZwg.jpg

YYcajwb4TC6We8jwwAhJOg.jpg

tfceQ+2gR9yHWF8t21UyWw.jpg

3d+jO472QOmnq5gevA2jDA.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019-10-23_at_7_43.48_AM.png

• Like 1

I read the solo-ness of the ride, I see the beauty of the scenery, I respect the solitude and have huge props for the rock tribute to your wife.

I cannot for one second understand celebrating all of that goodness with a COORS 🤢

I don’t for a second believe I am the only consumer of Silver Bullets in this group. Maybe they are just closeted.

Probably true......  Just does not seem to be enough reward to me after a hard day in the saddle.   Now an ice cold Sam Adams and you're talking!!

• Like 1

No beer snobbery on other people’s ride reports!  😁

• Like 1

Well done Huntndogs. Looks like you made it to Picacho, and hopefully rode around the peak, heck, you started the CABDR, congrats.  What campground is that?  It also looks like you made it through Hidden shores to get over to Fisher's &  Martinez, maybe, unless you went all the way around through red cloud.  I hope to ride that way soon, as I still haven't ridden the short cut (Not Indian pass) somewhere out the back of valley of the names to get over to Glamis or Bradshaw...  Still have to find it.... more to do out there - when it cools...  and that looks to be just a couple weeks away :) Cheers

• Like 1