We seem to be on a ~4 year cycle 2011, 2015, and now 2019...…..thinking it might be a good idea to ride over and string up a new tetherball ball in Truckhaven on Saturday the 26th...….then the kids will have it available the following weekend for Halloween...…...I'll pick up a new ball to carry out there....  

Canceling until we have a scouting report on what to expect when we arrive...….do we need to cement in a new post?

Previous trip report:

4.5 years ago...unbelievable. 

I'm pretty sure I won the last teather ball game.

I can't commit yet, but will try my best to make this one.

The last time I was there probably in May the pole was knocked down. We stood it up. Don’t remember any chain. 

I was there in July, played a game. 

• Like 1

Strong maybe...

Maybe we can use some some aircraft cable....? aka: rigging hardware?

• Like 1

Delaying this ride/tetherball donation until we have a more recent scouting report on what to expect when we arrive...…..may have to drive out there with water/cement and sink a post....….then unload and ride...…..

If anyone is out riding/scouting, here are a couple of waypoints I set ~12(?) or more yrs ago to help you find the phone booth & Tetherball court

Phone booth (or what’s left of it): N33 18.086 W116 01.771

Tetherball: N33 18.192 W116 00.517  (Not visible from the wash.....you need to ride through an arch and climb up on a small plateau)

Last time I was there the tether ball was on a piece of pvc pipe. 
Be good to put in an actual pole with a bag of concrete. 
The phone booth was down last trip as well. 
Sucks that people go out and mess up our landmarks. Or maybe it was the wind.  

I have some large 8' galvanized poles if you need one. Let me know and I can bring it back from the mountains.  Can this be accessed by vehicle?

I have 2" steel pipe 12' long not galvanized and 1 5/8" galvanized 12' long. in Ramona.

10 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

I have some large 8' galvanized poles if you need one. Let me know and I can bring it back from the mountains.  Can this be accessed by vehicle?

Yep, plenty of Jeeps and SXS hit it.........not sure about my long bed dodge...…...straight up Corral(?) Wash from 86 and a sharp right turn under the arch.  

1 minute ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I have 2" steel pipe 12' long not galvanized and 1 5/8" galvanized 12' long. in Ramona.

12' would be perfect to cement it down at least 2'

2 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

12' would be perfect to cement it down at least 2'

I will be home today. Saturday is a car run to Julian. come by.

7 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I will be home today. Saturday is a car run to Julian. come by.

Working now then visiting Caitlynn/grandkids this afternoon over in San Marcos ......I'll let you know when I can swing by with the truck......then I just need to figure out whether I can get out there in my truck...…..Jarrett's jeep would be better suited for short stretch in wash...….

• Like 1

Chris turns out I Couldn’t find the damn thing Saturday eve, kept getting lost all over the maze, didn’t help that I was alone at night (moonless) and I don’t use gps, luckily I have an ultrabright headlight from the 90s 👻

might go back this week one day after work hopefully this time around..

23 minutes ago, kato said:

Chris turns out I Couldn’t find the damn thing Saturday eve, kept getting lost all over the maze, didn’t help that I was alone at night (moonless) and I don’t use gps, luckily I have an ultrabright headlight from the 90s 👻

might go back this week one day after work hopefully this time around..

You won't see it from the main wash...…..you have to go up through one of two arches (west and east)...…..and you won't even know you're there if the pole is missing or on the ground (since you won't be able to see it up on the plateau once you pass under the arch)……..Sooooo, I'd definitely conduct your search in daylight hours :coolio::heh:

On 10/28/2019 at 11:17 AM, Crawdaddy said:

You won't see it from the main wash...…..you have to go up through one of two arches (west and east)...…..and you won't even know you're there if the pole is missing or on the ground (since you won't be able to see it up on the plateau once you pass under the arch)……..Sooooo, I'd definitely conduct your search in daylight hours :coolio::heh:

Didn't see any arch but I randomly found a tetherball pole, has cable and carabiner only need the ball. It's a bit wobly but it's standing straight 

On 11/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, kato said:

Didn't see any arch but I randomly found a tetherball pole, has cable and carabiner only need the ball. It's a bit wobly but it's standing straight 

Thanks!  You must’ve come in from the west?   Good to know the pole is still there.  I’ll snag a ball and head out.  I’d like to properly cement the pole if we can find a Jeep volunteer.  I have a friend with a vacation place out there....and a Jeep....I’ll contact him

On 11/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, Crawdaddy said:

Thanks!  You must’ve come in from the west?   Good to know the pole is still there.  I’ll snag a ball and head out.  I’d like to properly cement the pole if we can find a Jeep volunteer.  I have a friend with a vacation place out there....and a Jeep....I’ll contact him

Yes, saw it riding down from calcite mine

IMG-20191127-115444.jpg

IMG-20191127-115502.jpg