pcpiner01

whats the most versatile side carriers for Tiger 800?

i have been looking to kit out my new bike, 2012 tiger 800. its my first time so i could use some advice. i already have a 35l pelican case from caribou luggage on the tail. but to get more storage I am in need of side carriers. my research shows the SW MOTECH PRO seem to be the most versatile and adaptable. with many mounting points and adapters. at $285 they are a little higher priced than the happy trails SU at $254, or the happy trails soft luggage at $229. but not by much also  I wouldn't be limited to soft luggage only.  i am not sure what luggage i want yet, but im thinking soft at first to get use to the weight and then get some hard cases once I'm comfortable. anyone have experience with these side carriers and any advice for a first timer setting up an adventure bike?

4 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Soft Luggage does not break ankles.

He's pretty much correct. If you're planning to ride off road, I encourage you to consider only soft bags.

It's not a myth- I've seen it myself- injured ankle caught on a hard case. Ruined a 7 day ride on day one.

Hard side bags do have their advantages too...

20160604_173717.thumb.jpg.9febf83aab7573961b820b82c293b33b.jpg

• Like 2