Scot

New KTM vs Husqvarna

I am planning on buy a new 2019/2020 dual sport 500/501 in the next few weeks or month(s), either a Husky or KTM. I have priced the 2020 KTM at Poway and it is 13k out the door. I am planning on going to Moto Forza this week to do the same for the Husky. Anyone have any advice on where to purchase, when is the best month and any reason I should or should not get a 2019 instead of a 2020 other than a few hundred in savings.

I am leaning more towards the 2020 Husky. 

For only couple hundred dollar savings, always go with newest model. 1K+ savings,then start looking at older model. Husky/KTM pick your color. I've ridden both, both excellent.

This 2019 KTM 500 from Motoworld has a low asking price I saw in Cycletrader, have to see though what OTD is with all the fees they add on.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2019-KTM-500-EXC-F-5007192662

Check with Marc at NCY when you are at Moto Forza (couple minutes apart).  I got my orange bike from him about a year ago and it was a good experience.  Relatively new ownership and they seem to be willing to move bikes.

Linkage vs PDS  is the choice.  Link for better control of BIG hits,  PDS for better compliance on the more subtle stuff. 

Mimi,  Robert, What do you think?   As said,  no wrong choice here.  Anyone know what's up with the Exhaust Gas loop new to the 20's?

Also go to C&D Cycle on Convoy. Check out the Beta 500. I got mine (2019 500rrs)for 10.5 out the door. 

No smog BS. Runs very strong stock. Lower seat height by about 2 inches. 

I feel it is a better handling bike than my 18 500 exc was. Not quite as much top end but stronger in the mid range torque. Feels lighter while riding  

Put on a seat concepts seat wrap around hand guards. and 3 gallon tank and it’s ready. 

The 2020 Beta is supposed to have lots of changes. 

FA2C2F32-1688-4CF6-8C5F-08FFE121FB60.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the advise. I purchased a 2019 Husky at Moto Forza, with the .9% 36 month financing, couldn't pass up the deal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ken S said:

Also go to C&D Cycle on Convoy. Check out the Beta 500. I got mine (2019 500rrs)for 10.5 out the door. 

No smog BS. Runs very strong stock. Lower seat height by about 2 inches. 

I feel it is a better handling bike than my 18 500 exc was. Not quite as much top end but stronger in the mid range torque. Feels lighter while riding  

Put on a seat concepts seat wrap around hand guards. and 3 gallon tank and it’s ready. 

The 2020 Beta is supposed to have lots of changes. 

FA2C2F32-1688-4CF6-8C5F-08FFE121FB60.jpeg

+1

I'll be ready to jump in on a group ride in a few weeks, still need to get some riding gear.

20 hours ago, Scot said:

Thanks everyone for the advise. I purchased a 2019 Husky at Moto Forza, with the .9% 36 month financing, couldn't pass up the deal.

Congrats - see you on the trail  

• Like 1

Should be an awesome machine