Sign in to follow this  
amockalypse

Ride out to Idyllwild from San Diego?

Search forum tons of info on tracks available in other threads

Ramona, Black Canyon, Mesa Grande, Warnersprings just before you see the Airport on the left, turn right into Lost Valley all the way to Anza. In Anza go west on 371 to Batista Rd  and find the  turn off  (6S16) to the Dirt very small entry, just pass the Asphalt Road Hog Lake truck trail. There is a closed Gate on 6S18. All the way to 74. you will end up on the Forest Fire station. turn right and go up 74, or turn left and take Bee canyon to Idyllwild.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Ramona, Black Canyon, Mesa Grande, Warnersprings just before you see the Airport on the left, turn right into Lost Valley all the way to Anza. In Anza go west on 371 to Batista Rd  and find the  turn off  (6S16) to the Dirt very small entry, just pass the Asphalt Road Hog Lake truck trail. There is a closed Gate on 6S18. All the way to 74. you will end up on the Forest Fire station. turn right and go up 74, or turn left and take Bee canyon to Idyllwild.

Udo, is that about a half days ride on the big bikes one way?

• Confused 1

Zubb doing that whole route into idyllwild it's a long half day at a decent pace. Once at fire station just judge your time and can skip bee canyon and take the 243 into town

• Like 1

Bp619 is right. A long half day with the BMW. where the section after Anza is the more technical and loose sand section.

10 hours ago, Zubb said:

Udo, is that about a half days ride on the big bikes one way?

Its a good day ride on our Bikes special if we are loaded. 600 ccm is much better and easier.

Thanks guys.  Sounds like it could be a good little overnighter for a group on heavy metal.  The winter overnight camping temps in Idyllwild average right at the freezing point of 31 or 32.   I would think I could get a few brave souls to blow a weekend on a trip like this.

AMOC, 

From experience,  State a Start Point and Time -  People will adjust to your schedule. 

I might also recommend changing your profile pic from hippy axe murderer to something....well something less hippy axe murderer.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2019 at 9:08 PM, Zubb said:

Thanks guys.  Sounds like it could be a good little overnighter for a group on heavy metal.  The winter overnight camping temps in Idyllwild average right at the freezing point of 31 or 32.   I would think I could get a few brave souls to blow a weekend on a trip like this.

We went on Sunday up to Idyllwild and it where cold up there. Additional. The 243 down to Banning is 100% closed north of the  Grande Fire station #51, (no way to Poppet Flatt Road)

Apocalypse is slightly diff than axe murder, Keep in mind that from the viewpoint of a young person we may be experiencing  the apocalypse. As a survival technique, it could be useful to mock a Dark Age. Speaking as a person of a certain age that came of age in 1968.

👀