Sign in to follow this  
DigDug

Southern California Dual Sport Ride for Kids

Link Here...

Has anyone done this ride before?

I'm not sure what the ride is like, but the cause is good (Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation) and the same foundation the OC Dualies run fund raisers for.

My wife picked up a flier somewhere and left it sitting on the seat of my bike in the garage. I'm not sure whether that was a hint or not, but it sounds like a pass is available if I want... :P

let me check... this sounds like fun

if we get a group together, I can bring a trailer...

mark me a tentative "in"

I did it a few years ago. Was a fun ride although hot and dusty but then it is SoCal so to be expected. Mostly fire roads with a little technical stuff and single track thrown in. :P I think there were bypasses around the hard stuff for those not so brave. :P The main challenge is dealing with all the riders as this is a popular ride and there are always some that think it is a race. :P Some nice views along the ridgelines and in through the canyons below Cajon Pass. I say DO IT! but take the 450. As the saying in my group goes, "What could possibly go wrong..."

I'll keep you posted, if I don't go to Reno for work next week, then I'll go on this ride.

Maybe I should be a real man and ride the 950 up, do the ride, then ride home :D

DigDug, wanna take your 950 up on this ride ???

I'm confused. Is this a ride for kids or a ride that benefits kids? :D

It is a benefit for the pediatric Brain tumor foundation

It 's a normal dualsport ride.

DigDug, wanna take your 950 up on this ride ???

I'm thinking about it actually. If I go, that's probably what I'll do, if you help me pick it up when/if I drop it :D. Diesel is too expensive to drive the truck up there every weekend!!! I've got some other irons in the fire so I don't want to commit until I figure out what else is going on - I might have to go out of town next week also.

You doing the Big Bear run this year? It looks like it's me and Ste63 going for the plaque on Saturday (darylhunter was thinking about it too, but hasn't committed yet) and I've already got a room reserved at the Motel 6...