https://www.parks.ca.gov/

https://csparks.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=964f042b0f7345919cf471b2223c767c

In my ongoing interest in Anza Borrego Desert State Park I paid a visit to the Main Web Portal. Found that there is a Transformation Effort underway from about 2015. After a quick review of a couple of documents posted in 2015 and 2017 I am encouraged by an apparent modernization effort across the board. By this I mean dragging the systems into the modern world of accounting, human resources, payments.and reservations.  For example there is a Google 3D/360 degree multi media library of the state parks. Off interest to me is the development of a Minimum Amenity Cabin program under development. This has been evident at Tamarisk Grove campground. I will be continuing to check out these systems via the Home Page. 

Of primary interest to me is the impact of all this on the local ABDSP experience. I will be looking into the status of the Access Issue to the newly acquired acreage adjacent to Hwy 79 and S-1 north of Lake Cuyamaca.  You may know there is a locked gate that prevents travel down to Oriflamme / Rodriguez and Mason Valley.  The fact that we have this giant desert park managed to keep it looking good and accessible to the public is something of a miracle. I will see what  plans the managers have on the stove.

Dave  Bagstr

It a travesty that so much public land is being shut off in our region. Mason Valley TT and all the railing that has been put up through Bear Valley, Pine Creek, Dear Park Rd. being closed for months etc... is a prime example of the Forestry's anti-public mentality. It's 'We don't want to deal with you, so you can't go there.'

Personally I'm done with it. My house is going up for sale in April, and we're Idaho bound.............

• Sad 1

Me too. Places I could go as a kid that were public land are all closed, and being forgotten.

More taxes and fees just pay for more people to tell us no.

Hmm.

So the gate to Mason appears to be on the highway side- that is in the gap between the road right-of-way and what is marked at the Anza Borrego State Part, which is, as we know, a legal riding area. 

Interesting.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.00.16 AM.png

I heard it was more shut down for border patrol reasons, swear I read it somewhere on a govt site same with thing valley

Sent a text to Don Strampher on the subject. We will see what’s current. All the players keep changing, which can be good.