8 hours ago, SaMaKi said:

I may be able to make it as I may have the day off tomorrow! How steep and severe are we talking? Does it require some serious skills on a 1290? Any route, plan or trails I can look up to see how hard they are? 

There are sections of the Pinyon trail that will be no fun at all on a 1290. Lots of sand, some steep rutted hills, rocky technical sections. Save this for another day when you are not trying to keep up with good riders on small bikes, just my advise

BTW, guys, don't wait for me...I've got my own thing going. Was just mentioning that I'd be out there and we might run into each other. 

2 minutes ago, Oracle said:

There are sections of the Pinyon trail that will be no fun at all on a 1290. Lots of sand, some steep rutted hills, rocky technical sections. Save this for another day when you are not trying to keep up with good riders on small bikes, just my advise

Alright then, I am at the junction right now and don’t see anybody. I have looked up Pinyon Trail and the squeeze + the heart attack hill definitely looked challenging. I was hoping to meet with a few of you guys to give me a little more details and then see if I was gonna follow or turn around. I guess I’ll just turn around.

8 hours ago, SaMaKi said:

Well I’m at the junction right now. By the real estate place.

This ride is now closed.

Please leave all comments in write up section (i think I saw you, I was at Perkins gas station filling up, you rode by, we made eye contact) braap braap.

17 hours ago, SaMaKi said:

I may be able to make it as I may have the day off tomorrow! How steep and severe are we talking? Does it require some serious skills on a 1290? Any route, plan or trails I can look up to see how hard they are? 

The route we took is black diamond on a small bike. 

30 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

This ride is now closed.

Please leave all comments in write up section (i think I saw you, I was at Perkins gas station filling up, you rode by, we made eye contact) braap braap.

I don’t know. Took riverside dr when I heard a bike around but didn’t see anybody. If I had, I would’ve probably pulled over just to say hi and make it up to my riding all the way up there for nothing. I got there at 6:45 and left at around 7:20. Would’ve been nice to at least say hi to a few of you. Anyhow....next time.

That was a fun ride! At least the first half haha!  Thanks Darren for getting it together and the dicing thru the washes.  Thanks Kenny for the gas. Good to see you again Paul and nice to meet you Roy. Sorry to cut it short guys because of another frigging flat tire!

239C5587-3278-4C23-827D-818F04B95519.jpeg

EF570238-E1E6-493B-9EB5-2560BAC567C2.jpeg

On 9/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, 350thumper said:

Is it's Sunday yet?

80 mile range is fine . I have spare fuel on board if you need some.

This ride has a lot of mountain (CDP), forest (CNF), and dez (ABSDP) action.  There's 3 gas stations and 4 food places , . 

We also have a Chase truck on call and I have a sweet new hydration system .

Pokey , what's the wiring issue? 

I only fix motorcycles for a living. Maybe I can help. 

Sorry was dealing with the big family issues.  A molex for the lights is damaged.  6 wires Wires broke right at the crimp, so it will just take time to pin everything out and install a new molex.  Thanks for the offer, I can handle the wiring, its just finding the time