SaMaKi

Salton Sea Solo Ride

Ended up being solo as usual. Pretty nice and chill ride discovering new trails and areas. Weather was good, not too hot. Was expecting to see more people since it was Saturday but traffic in trails was low.

I had an initial route but skipped few bits as they looked maybe a bit more than what I was wiling to do today. Wanted it to be a nice and relaxing ride after my very physical adventure on the desert last week!

Red is what I skipped, green is the actual track.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.21.31 AM

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Are you doing the drone filming as you ride?  

If by that you’re asking if I manually control the drone while I ride then no. Drone got a “track” feature. I set it up to follow me and it does the job.

• Like 1

That is so cool; did not know that was even something you could do!  

I think the heat is keeping most away from riding at this point and why you are going solo.  Hang in there; I bet as the weather cools you will have company!

Cool viddy by the way 🤙

SMK,

You are having a great time in this heated season. When it's 65f in Anza Borrego, you will freak Out. We will take you down Short Wash and life will change as you now it today.

Ready Yourself -  Bagstr

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

SMK,

You are having a great time in this heated season. When it's 65f in Anza Borrego, you will freak Out. We will take you down Short Wash and life will change as you now it today.

Ready Yourself -  Bagstr

Not sure if I should be excited or scared....almost sounded like a threat!! Haha.

By the way, you can stop at Agua Caliente and use the pool for $3. We’ll worth it IMO 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

By the way, you can stop at Agua Caliente and use the pool for $3. We’ll worth it IMO 👍

I dont think that there are open yet.

14 hours ago, SaMaKi said:

Ended up being solo as usual. Pretty nice and chill ride discovering new trails and areas. Weather was good, not too hot. Was expecting to see more people since it was Saturday but traffic in trails was low.

I had an initial route but skipped few bits as they looked maybe a bit more than what I was wiling to do today. Wanted it to be a nice and relaxing ride after my very physical adventure on the desert last week!

Red is what I skipped, green is the actual track.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.21.31 AM

Cool stuff. count me in for the future ride. We just came back from South Dakota yesterday with truck and camper.

35 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Cool stuff. count me in for the future ride. We just came back from South Dakota yesterday with truck and camper.

Noted! And I have witnesses! Hehe. Most likely will be next Thursday or Friday as those are gonna be my next days off. I’ll post something up. 

5 minutes ago, CVRick said:

Nice report. 

What drone are you using?

Thanks. DJI Mavic Pro 2.

Nice. I have brought my mavic pro with me on rides but I have been reluctant to use the follow me function. 

The desert will be cooler soon and there will be lots of SDAR weekday rides.

48 minutes ago, CVRick said:

Nice. I have brought my mavic pro with me on rides but I have been reluctant to use the follow me function. 

The desert will be cooler soon and there will be lots of SDAR weekday rides.

I feel you brother! I brought mine along multiple times but used it only on a few rides because of the hassle of getting it out, plugging the phone to the remote etc... The risk of breaking it as well was concerning especially when you know how “expensive” those are. I got it tangled once in power or phone lines in one of those “follow” me riding sessions. Hehe. I sticked a velcro to my gas tank to hold the remote, phone is connected on the mount and I try not to worry about it. If it crashes, it crashes. I learned to trust the sensors and use it only in complete open areas.

56 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

That is a long day of riding!

Since no one contacted me I figured I didn't have to be at Starbucks at 9AM so left the house around 9:45AM, lots of break stops and slow pace, got back home at around 7:30PM. Full day relaxing ride.

I’d love to do similar ride with you on my 1090 once it cools down 

Got my Dirt wheels today and hope that nothing gets in the way for the next ride.

40 minutes ago, Ken S said:

I’d love to do similar ride with you on my 1090 once it cools down 

38 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Got my Dirt wheels today and hope that nothing gets in the way for the next ride.

We can do Thomas Mountain or Santa Rosa for the next ride. Keep an eye on the local rides section, I’ll post up something soon for this week. 

And speaking of new shoes.......this ride was my first ride on brand new MotoZ RallZ tires.

• Like 1

Great drone footage!  I have never seen that before.  Can you made it fly in front of your bike to check for speed traps? 😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

Great drone footage!  I have never seen that before.  Can you made it fly in front of your bike to check for speed traps? 😁

Sure.....if you aren’t planning on going any faster than 40mph cause that’s the drone’s max speed. :) 

I run Moto Z for the last 3-4 years, now I have the Adventures on.