SaMaKi

Saturday 09/21 Ride!

My first Saturday off in a very.....very long time so I hope some folks will be able to make it out. I haven't ridden or had a day off since my solo adventure in the desert so I'd love to go for an all day ride. I need dirt, I need off road and don't mind some pavement. As usual I'll come up with some route by Friday night but open to suggestions.

Who's in?

Would love to but am committed to a road ride.

But yesterday I did do a tiny section of your last trip.  Rode to Potrero for breakfast, then hit some border dirt for awhile.  Watched Border Patrol play cat n mouse with 4 guys for awhile and stumbled into that train tunnel I've heard about.

48762440531_1dafab6b0b_b.jpg

• Like 1

I might be in if you don't start too early.  I work swings and need my beauty sleep.😁

How about Fred Canyon rd over by Cibbets Flat?  I'm on a DR650 so not in for anything too crazy.

12 hours ago, Zubb said:

Would love to but am committed to a road ride.

But yesterday I did do a tiny section of your last trip.  Rode to Potrero for breakfast, then hit some border dirt for awhile.  Watched Border Patrol play cat n mouse with 4 guys for awhile and stumbled into that train tunnel I've heard about.

Which portion? And where was that tunnel?

24 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I might be in if you don't start too early.  I work swings and need my beauty sleep.😁

How about Fred Canyon rd over by Cibbets Flat?  I'm on a DR650 so not in for anything too crazy.

What would be too early for you? Would you be in for an all day drive? I am on a 1290 Super Adventure so definitely nothing crazy...hehe.

I can’t remember where the tunnel was. I may have dreamed it actually. Was never actually there cause I’m not the outlaw  TNTMO suggests. 

Whatever you do, don’t search this site for ‘That Tunnel’. 

4 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I can’t remember where the tunnel was. I may have dreamed it actually. Was never actually there cause I’m not the outlaw  TNTMO suggests. 

Aahh... I guess I was very close to it!!! I remember riding under the railroad!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Sounds like they did some men in Black memory blank to you

• Haha 1

How about 10 AM at the Descanso Junction?  We can do Fred Canyon then down to Campo and hit the border trails.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, Jlburgess said:

How about 10 AM at the Descanso Junction?  We can do Fred Canyon then down to Campo and hit the border trails.

I saw your reply right when I finished planning my route. 9AM would be a bit better given the trip. So here it is, a 230 miles loop to the Salton Sea through Boulder Canyon Rd, Oriflamme Canyon, Fish Creek Trail and back via the S22 through Grapevine Canyon Road, Costa Mesa Rd then Black Canyon Rd to Ramona. RDV point is gonna be this Starbucks in Alpine @ 9AM. I will be there @ 9AM for anybody who'd like to join. And as always I am open to modifications (shorter trip, skip some parts etc...) if you'd like to join but don't want to ride 230 miles.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 11.42.32 PM

It’ll probably be but can’t be as hot as it was when I was there 10 days ago. And if it is, I’ll just shorten my route.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, SaMaKi said:

Track Map. Password is SDAR.

This isn't working anymore.

17 minutes ago, Zubb said:

This isn't working anymore.

:) Because the ride is over. Check out the report.

I thought that was a link to your trax.  As I'm a frustrated Garmin slob, if you wanted to send me your .gps or other type trax I'd like to try to download them and see if I can get them on my NavV and ride at least part of them.  

Most of us GS  posers just look at the NavV on the bar that we paid waaaaaay too much for and never figure out how to make it a useful tool.

I’ll try and create an FTP or a Dropbox account to upload GPX’s.

• Like 1