Bagstr

Your Buddies Are Your Salvation

https://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25328-vote-for-beer-tube-migration-challenge-coming-to-an-end-tomorrow/&tab=comments#comment-245797

Hard To watch that Video --   After a delay, I watched. 

I my OP this guy should Never have been allowed on this climb. Obviously the guy was hyperventilating at the bottom. What If his Buddy said, "Hey we can turn around, We have nothing to prove here."

The climb was not that difficult. Total target fixation in my OP. AND, these GoPros offer a distorted view. If you freeze the frame @ 5 min, the drop is not as severe as the run off appears. All said, The pool at the bottom saved his life. That he climbed out proves that the drop is distorted in the vid.

No, I so not want to prove myself on Schofield Pass. 

:dirol:

Well if my hard breathing is the limit of my abilities, I’m in trouble. 

Wow....lucky guy.  That could have been really bad.  I would like to see the video of the bike retrieval.  Probably need a winch to pull it up.  

AdvR RockyMtn

They rolled it over the waterfall for a 4wheel pick up

Looks like about a 4 second episode (5:28 to 5:32).  At the rate of acceleration of a free falling object (acc = 32 feet/sec2) (d = 1/2(acc)(time)2 ) distance would be that roughly 64 feet!  Question - whats the terminal velocity of a falling bike and rider?) But it does not look that high and there was a bit of "friction" on the way down.  Even at half, say 32 feet, that's a drop nightmares are made of...

I've driven that section of the pass in a Jeep.  It is pretty sketchy.  He actually made it past the most difficult part.  Where the rocks start it is a lot more off camber than the video shows.

Hmmmm...wonder if any water got past the Notoil filter...

Seems like a poor way to recover the bike.  I would have strapped it into a skedco and pulled it up the hill via a winch.

12 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

Seems like a poor way to recover the bike.  I would have strapped it into a skedco and pulled it up the hill via a winch.

+1 

Not sure what hurts more watching the fall or retrieving the bike 

16 hours ago, TexasDualler said:

The dangers of Rekluse dependency. Keep that clutch lever covered boys and girls

First thing I noticed was he wasn't covering the clutch. Not only should he have been covering it, but he should have been fleathering it in the section. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:34 AM, Oracle said:

First thing I noticed was he wasn't covering the clutch. Not only should he have been covering it, but he should have been fleathering it in the section. 

+1