sputnik62a

Hello SD ADV riders

Hi, I'm Mark. I live near Mt Helix. 

I ride a 2019 BMW R1250 GSA as well as various Vintage Brit bikes. I'm originally from the UK and moved to San Diego 15 years ago and that's when I started riding. 

In 2015 I picked up a Ducati Scrambler and started riding some easy dirt roads and then realized that it was a little bit limited when it came to loading it up with camping gear and exploring more of California. In February this year I traded it for the GSA. I've put 7000 on it since then and just came back from a 5 day trip up to Northern CA via Hwy 1 to Arcata, 299 across the state to Reno and then down the eastern side of the Sierras. 

Hopefully I'm going get to do more off road riding as my experience on this tank of a bike increases. Been practicing on Nate Harrison grade and nearer to home  on Proctor valley and Otay Truck Trail

From the quick read through of the forum here, I'm going to check out Black Canyon Rd. soon

Welcome. 

Post up a weekend ride and I’ll join you on my 1090

Welcome, hope to meet you...we live a few miles from you in Fletcher Hills.

Hey Mark, Welcome to the discussion. Pretty Wild Bunch of people here, so be on your guard. I'm on the west side of the hill but cannot help you with the Big Bike Stuff. I have seen nice Brit Bikes riding Fuerte. Fun to see on the road.

Have a good time exploring.  I recommend Pine Creek Road between Pine Valley and Hwy S-1 ( Laguna ) all narrow paved.  Dear Park Indian Protrero  spur is dirt but may be a bit much on the GS.

Oroflame%20Mtn.&Boulder%20Cr%20019%20100

Oroflame%20Mtn.&Boulder%20Cr%20034%20100

Oroflame%20Mtn.&Boulder%20Cr%20041%20100

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Bagstr - I've ridden Pine Creek Rd a few time - a lot of fun apart from the time I came face to face with a fire truck coming down the trail - there wasn't much room for both of us and I ended up turning round rather than squeezing past him.