Uncle Champ

Tire air thread !

Ok so I just learned something. I saved a big bottle of CO2 from the scrap pile at work, hey compressed air for tires right? Portable free etc. Works great but did you know CO2 won't stay in tires?

Rumor has it CO2 is 11 times more slippery than air. I had tires going flat did a little research and surprise surprise when I fill the tire with air it stays up, CO2 no bueno for tires.

There you go, learn something every day.

11 times more slippery than air; I did not even know that air was slippery so I learned 2 things today!

Yup I use a power tank branded one for co2 and when fill up the bikes or trucks definitely have to refill with air when u get home. Fyi bonus of co2 tank makes an awesome air source for a 18gauge trim nailer around the house think I've used mine more for that than vehicles

Actually its the molecule thats why they use nitrogen for tires bigger molecule.

Quickly comparing collision*  v kinetic** diameter (in Å) for the molecules of atmospheric gases of interest to paleo-climatologists, N2 (3.8 v 3.6), O2 (3.5 v 3.5), Ne (2.8 v 2., CO2 (3.9 v 3.3), CO (3.7 v 3., CH4 (3.8 v 3. Ar (3.5 v 3.4), He (2.6 v 2.6), Kr (3.7 v 3.6), Xe (4.0 v 4.0)

Nitrogen is also less susceptible to changes in density (pressure) due to temperature and altitude changes. So your tire pressure will be more consistent throughout the day and changing conditions. That’s why it’s commonly used in aircraft tires. 

20 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Actually its the molecule thats why they use nitrogen for tires bigger molecule.

Quickly comparing collision*  v kinetic** diameter (in Å) for the molecules of atmospheric gases of interest to paleo-climatologists, N2 (3.8 v 3.6), O2 (3.5 v 3.5), Ne (2.8 v 2., CO2 (3.9 v 3.3), CO (3.7 v 3., CH4 (3.8 v 3. Ar (3.5 v 3.4), He (2.6 v 2.6), Kr (3.7 v 3.6), Xe (4.0 v 4.0)

I was told there would be no math in this forum.

Physics not math

much much harder what your looking is the mole weight of each gas (molecules OD) against one another.

With all due respect,............... 

Cant we just go riding ??????

If we really want to talk physics and such, lets analyze the scrub and or cornering dynamics or the truth behind why my two stroke is better than my four stroke ?????

😁

Sorry, I think this was mostly tongue in cheek, sure lets go riding, stop by first and let me check your tire pressures, I have some extra tire filler stuff.

OK I'm hijacking this thread, I could use the CO2 in my kegerator that I don't know how to set up. Its a used reefer unit with all new hoses etc. Any professional beer drinkers here that can clue me in how to set it up?

18 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

OK I'm hijacking this thread, I could use the CO2 in my kegerator that I don't know how to set up. Its a used reefer unit with all new hoses etc. Any professional beer drinkers here that can clue me in how to set it up?

https://www.amazon.com/Regulator-Paintball-Pneumatic-Portable-Tools/dp/B07MVKPZ59