rustyshackelford

9/14: Plated ride from Escondido.

Im riding up from Mira Mesa and meeting somebody from San Bernardino next Saturday to do some riding. Anybody here is welcome to join. So far the plan is to go up Nate Harrison grade, S7 to 76, and go up Black Mountain TT then split so I ride back to SD. I have two questions on this ride.

1. Where is a good place to stage and meet near Escondido beneficial to this route?

2. Does anybody have a better idea for a route?

Seems like it will be easy going. My rides tend to hit locked gates though, and I wanna get the most bang for my buck.

I literally just did the same exact ride (Nate Harrison grade, S7 to 76, and go up Black Mountain TT) a few days ago : Here

No closed gates anywhere. I wish I could join but I work on Saturday's.

Maybe next time though!

Know of any other good trails for smaller bikes around that area? I’ve been to McCain and Pine Valley multiple times and thought I would see what other areas have to offer.

Hey Rusty,

I'm interested in this ride and basically brand new to this site. How does this work? haha

I could meet you in Mira Mesa and tag-along.

Let me know... thanks!

-Brandon

1 hour ago, rustyshackelford said:

Maybe next time though!

Know of any other good trails for smaller bikes around that area? I’ve been to McCain and Pine Valley multiple times and thought I would see what other areas have to offer.

Oh you got a bunch. It’ll be a lot to list. Look up AllTrails.com / Trailsoffroad.com / Dualsportsmaps.com

Those are great websites that helped me find most of the trails I ride. Pretty much done them all on my 1290 Super Adventure R.

Brandon and whoever else wants to ride, Saturday I’m gonna be at Starbucks at Westview PKWY in Mira Mesa (across Edwards Cinema) at 730am leaving around 8. Gonna be at the base of Nate Harrison Grade around 9am. If Palomar Divide Trail is open (Rangers said it should be), I’ll want to take that to 76 instead of s7. 

If you're thinking on connecting Nate Harrison to Palomar Divide, you won't be able to as "the connector" by the fire station unfortunately had a closed gate with a private property sign there.

oh that’s unfortunate. I saw it was closed two weeks ago, but the Rangers said it was, and to their knowledge has been, open through when I called them on Monday.

I think they are talking bout the gate that connects Palomar Divide to High Point. The one you're referring to is definitely private property. @Oracle confirmed it a while ago and I'd seen for myself.

You can go up Nate Harrison, down s7,  loop around thru Warner Springs and then hit Palomar Divide up and over to come out at Aguanga.  But then there's a lot of slab back down to Escondido.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, SaMaKi said:

I think they are talking bout the gate that connects Palomar Divide to High Point. The one you're referring to is definitely private property. @Oracle confirmed it a while ago and I'd seen for myself.

Truth.