39 minutes ago, cmbthumper said:

Wish I could but curious, do you camp, hotel or house/cabin rental? 

Usually get a little studio cabin at Lakewood Cabins.

what trails did you ride?  I was up there this week.   I was riding from White mtn through John Bull and Gold.   Someone else was riding solo on that track.  Good weather for riding.

Gold, John Bull, Holcomb Creek.  Were you on a 2 smoke?  Passed someone coming down John Bull on what looked like a KTM 300.

42 minutes ago, HacksawPete said:

Sounds like me.    Is this you?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GrlQvVd04FuGPBLhDdKf566IQ-UCjG7X

That's a fun track.    Not sure when I'm going up again but it would be fun to do some runs together.   I'm riding with an Inreach but way better to ride with someone.    

Haha yep!  That's me!

Wait a minute. You two passed each other and then realized "He is by himself" and neither turned around to go ride back to the dude for a friendly chat? Well at least you now kinda know each other for future ride plans. 

While I do it, riding alone sucks and I've chased guys down just to shake a fellow riders hand. 

1 hour ago, cmbthumper said:

Wait a minute. You two passed each other and then realized "He is by himself" and neither turned around to go ride back to the dude for a friendly chat? Well at least you now kinda know each other for future ride plans. 

While I do it, riding alone sucks and I've chased guys down just to shake a fellow riders hand. 

Normally I would, but he was going the opposite direction and relatively close to the trailhead.  If I see riders stopped or lugging along, I’d stop for a chat.

Yeah, I felt bad passing without stopping.  ( I said "hi" as I passed.)  I didn't stop because I was doing a timed run.   That was my 4th time doing that route in that direction.   13 minutes through John bull and 21 minutes over Gold mtn in my direction of travel.   I'm sure someone is thinking that there's "noexcuse4that".   What was funny to me is I knew there was some other single rider doing on the path from my previous runs.  (it had rained so the tracks were obvious.)   Most of the time my choice of line matched his.   But a few time's I was thinking ... he went over there?   On the next run I took his line and think it was a better choice.  

• Like 1

Totally Understand,  those timed records are important

• Haha 1