Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Anyone have a TimeSert set, M8 x 1.25?

A riding buddy in Ramona has a stripped out chain adjuster on his CBR1100XX Blackbird, it looks like it has been helicoiled in the past.  I suggested upgrading to TimeSert, but before we buy an $80 kit I thought I'd see if anyone has one we can borrow and then supply burritos or beer or replacement parts or all of the above.

Thanks.

Nope. But if I can help at all, let me know.

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Why not use my STD tread and change the bolt?

It's a special bolt, otherwise we would have many options like that.  

I can go check.  Did the helicoil come out on the bolt?  Something doesn't sound right with the description.

3 minutes ago, isde97 said:

I can go check.  Did the helicoil come out on the bolt?  Something doesn't sound right with the description.

Yeah, the helicoil is starting to come out. The adjustment bolt is actually broken, not stripped.  Anyway, a new helicoil will likely work but I know a timesert will be better.  

I have helicoils, but not timeserts in M8.  It sounds like there is more going on.

Remind myself to re-apply thread ease on those bolts that see a good deal of water

18 hours ago, isde97 said:

I have helicoils, but not timeserts in M8.  It sounds like there is more going on.

I'm not sure exactly how my buddy ended up breaking the bolt.  A helicoil will probably be fine really, but since it has been previously repaired and the original helicoil is coming out I figured I'd ask around.