Oracle

Just a heads up on Crawdaddy

I wanted to let the group know that Chris went down today pretty hard. He is in the hospital in Inland Valley. Sounds like he'll be there a couple days. His son told me he has 8 broken ribs and a broken collar bone for sure. Chris is not answering his phone but probably wouldn't mind getting a text message from those so inclined. I'll let the group know when I hear more.

Just saw the YouTube vid Jarrett posted about it. Get well soon buddy!

Wow sounds horrible on a road he's done dozens of times. Heal soon chris

Hate to hear this.  Thoughts, prayers, good vibes-whatever it takes-to Chris for quick healing.

That spot were he crashed is a mess. Easy place to get caught out. Speedy recovery!

All the best Crawdaddy, hope you feel better quickly, (Speaking from experience, with your injury, Do not sneeze!)   If you need anything, let me know. Mac

8 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

That spot were he crashed is a mess. Easy place to get caught out. Speedy recovery!

Looked like the same spot you went down on your 990 that day we were coming back from camping?

Chris, I wish you, a fast as you like to ride, fast recovery.  As I like to say, "Did it kill you, NO, good adventure".

adventure.jpg

Such a bummer :(

I've seen Crawford take a few hits to his ribs in the past, never fun and always painful...

But 8 ribs and the CB must have been a good shot - give him a lot of credit for trying to motor on, must have felt it was necessary...? Happy he had his boy with him.

Here's to a speedy recovery C-daddy 

Eight ribs has to be tough, I can't imagine....only ever bruised them but I hear it's pretty awful.  Heal up, you can watch all of us ride in the meantime.

Well, at least we have video coverage. No jokes around the Crawdaddy for awhile. 

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

Looked like the same spot you went down on your 990 that day we were coming back from camping?

My crash was further up the trail just as you turn onto it, but in a similar rut system.  They will get you.

That spot made me pucker up pretty good when the Koog took us that way, it’s damn slippery, Heal up Chris.

Sorry to hear about his crash please relay to his sone if he wants we are having. Tech/bbq here in Escondido this Saturday he is welcome to bring down the 500 we can go over and sort what ever is needed to repair it  and feed him a burger.

details are in the upcoming meeting section of the forum

• Like 1

Chris, this one is for you, and we all get there one time. Speedy recovery.

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear this. My you recover well. Not everyone has the opportunity to ride with their son; that is a blessing.

Tough dude. I hope you are feeling good sooner than later Chris.

I cannot imagine being so damn tough that I would be able to get back on the bike after that.

Hope the recovery is speedy!

What a bummer. I bet Chris is less concerned with the broken bones than how much seat time he's going to miss healing up.  Best Wishes and Godspeed buddy. 

Wow. Sorry to read about your crash. Having broke and bruised many a rib, it sucks to have to go through that pain and man does it last months and months. One thing is for sure though is that they heal and you just become a Smarter rider afterwards.

I hope you heal quickly.

9 out of every 10 rides is with my 73yo dad. Enjoy every second you can.

Crawdaddy checking in......thanks for all the well wishes......I was released late Tuesday afternoon for the less than enjoyable drive home to Ramona from Wildamar with my wife at the wheel.  Very freak accident.  9 times out of 10 I would’ve bounced right back up before Jarrett saw me down.  I was probably only traveling ~10mph and was in ATGATT mode so I must’ve fallen just.....wrong.

Loving wife & narcotics are key this week....feeling pretty beat up.....hopefully I’ll be able to move with a bit more ease next week.  I rode the 500 afterwards and the only noticeable tweak was crooked handlebars....

Hope to be back on two wheels sometime in October.....really bummed to be missing out on planned rides in Baja/Bass Lake with Jarrett in the next few weeks but primary focus now has to be on health & minimizing time away from work.

FYI, the dirt between Lost Valley & Chihuahua Valley has been graded.....much smoother than years past

Thanks again to all.....

• Like 5