Bagstr

Hog Electrics - New York Times Moto Intro

I'm kinda torn on this.  I guess it is somewhat of a natural evolution as we take better care of the planet, but it is hard for me (probably cuz I'm old!) to let go of certain things.  I have two old classic cars, and they make noise and smell; part of me tells me they are supposed to do this.  They are uncomfortable, rattle, and have no AC.  When I drive them they take me back to a different time when we didn't have all of the comforts (and maybe distractions) that vehicles have now.

Bikes are supposed to make noise to me.  I am still coming to grips with quieter dirt bikes, but I am learning to appreciate them.  One of my first mods to a bike in the past was to add a louder muffler; it was just what you did.  Quieter bikes, and perhaps electric bikes, are probably something that I need to get used to.

Interesting to see where this goes.  The trend of electric bicycles and scooters seems to be all the rage (although it seems that I read almost daily of someone getting hurt on one of these!) and I doubt it will pass anytime soon, if at all.

The article refers to a thumping device under the seat.

:dirol:

We have an electric car in our family, and I really, really like it. Not necessarily from the eco-green standpoint, but from the performance. It's FUN as hell.

Looking forward to electric bikes.

This is the first year of the MotoE series in MotoGP.  Most of the riders are former MotoGP riders or Moto2 riders so the racing is decent.  Not quite on par with the current MotoGP skillset, but still fun to watch.  This is clearly the future of racing .

RiggerD;  We need to consult George on that rear suspension.

:coolio: