Sign in to follow this  
lorbs

Corral Canyon/Pine Valley/Lark Canyon Ride Tomorrow 8/11

Hey everyone! I'm looking to ride some singletrack at any of the above places but I don't like riding without a partner. Anyone interested?

I'm planning to ride out of Pine Valley ( Bear Valley rd) to Corral Canyon tomorrow morning at 8:00

Hey I appreciate the offer, but given that I'm on a bigger bike (KLR), never have ridden the ranger trail, and you were planning on doing some maintenance on your way, I was a little hesitant to reply to your thread.  I have done bronco peak and bronco peak connector though - how does it compare to those?

I gave up on the maintenance plan because there was no interest.  The connector is the hardest trail there I believe.  

Not single track (or who knows??) But if you're interested I'm riding later today and through the night probably until around 1 or 2am down from Julian into desert. You're welcome to join or just part of it maybe (Oriflame)? Meteor shower in full effect these days, and around 2 the moon sets..

Wow I wish I could have swung that, that sounds amazing. Let us know how that went.

A couple of those shooting stars looked like spaceships crash landing on the desert 👍 

Done these night deals 3-4 times this year, I ll post up next I go

8 hours ago, kato said:

A couple of those shooting stars looked like spaceships crash landing on the desert 👍 

Done these night deals 3-4 times this year, I ll post up next I go can 

Can you see them with the moon out??? 

3 hours ago, kkug said:

Can you see them with the moon out??? 

A few were so big and low in the sky yesterday that I saw them while riding like 👽 were crashing! The comets seemed to all come from abouts the same direction I noticed, towards the end of my loop on cross over trail with my bike pointed Westish they were in front of me shooting parallel to the horizon in a N-S direction. But for the full show wait until the Moon sets (happened around 2.30 am yesterday), then you can see even the smaller ones. 

That sounds just remarkable. I've never been able to catch a meteor shower away from the cities light pollution.