ADV Bum

Bike Tech - Maintenance Day Sat Aug 24

DSM8 has graciously offered to open his home again for a Bike maintenance day. It will be held on Sat Aug 24 in Escondido. 

We'll be there with the sidecar rig.

Thanks Dave, for offering up again !

Always a good time.  Alas I'll be adventuring somewhere far north and won't be able to attend.  Have fun fellas.

I may be traveling, but if I'm around I can come up to help whoever with whatever....no real maintenance items on my list currently.  

Starts 9ish

925 Chardonney Way

only rules you take your used tires with you if doing a tire change

bring your own fluids, collection and disposal I will take care of on your behalf.

Shop is equipped with most specialized tools for bikes etc. 

all oil changes HAVE to be done in the shop in case of spills etc, dont want that to happen outside,  the RV slab is there for tire change etc if space is needed.

Dog friendly house/yard

Update: Yesterday my friends widow stopped by and dumped off a boatload of riding gear that sue is finally ready to part with.

this psudo garage sale will be set up in the garage for anyone that comes to the tech day. Payment will be via paypal directly to the widows account and as past of the sale the buyer is asked to also make a small donation to the website.

a lot of dual sport helmets bmw riding gear etc. I dont have time to fully catalogue everything so it will just be laid out on the tech day.

A lot of this is for the big boys he was 6’3 300# and his wife was also bout 5’10 190lbs

Thank you for the info. I will try to make it just to meet and greet and looks like maybe pick up some garb.

• Like 1

Adv bum will also have the grill going w burger etc as usual

7 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

24th,  will check it out.

Excellent so we will have the resident sheared bolt extractor on site

One more thing there are 4 moto dealers near me so if you need something specific there are options if needed.

cycle gear

north county yamaha

escondido cycle center

8ball tires

motoforza

oh and BMW of Escondido 

Who else is going ?  

RSVP helps for buying enough food 

I think I’m going to do an oil change, got a little riding coming up.  

I know Ill be there and at least two others said they were coming

I plan on stopping by just to meet and greet and then I plan on hitting up those dealers near you since I don't often get up to north county much.

I may end up stopping by in between service calls.

Had a good turn out the remaining garage sale items will

be listed in flea market in next few days.

• Like 1

Wanted to be there, but I had to work on prepping an area in the yard for a Tuff Shed installation...I have a lot of work to do it right and they're coming Thursday.

Thanks for bringing the shirts, was great meeting a few new faces. 

• Like 1

Thanks to DSM8 for hosting this event again.  We had about 8 people show. Bikes got worked on with plenty of good conversation and lunch. Not a bad way to spend part of a Sat. Thanks to all who showed.  If there is someone down south that would be interested in hosting a bike maintenance day, please let me know.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Here’s the tech gang minus AdvBum, he was on an important SDAR business call!47978CBA-96C9-42E3-A01F-07CCF2744914.thumb.jpeg.125981c9afb1f76d37976f77f69d2cbc.jpegHe came a running though  5D49358A-D494-4E87-B988-49785444BEFA.thumb.jpeg.d7f202eb6d93abd4a676f3539ea616e7.jpegEEA360AA-77D1-462D-B424-0D7CDF1B4F10.thumb.jpeg.3375daac135168b95a4d5a5136cad46b.jpegE31AA513-5469-43B9-9168-AE706BBC2E9E.thumb.jpeg.11b99f146938021231021ce777f2a68e.jpegF2B9DF9C-0881-4760-9F4C-6BC0349DAB17.thumb.jpeg.597720d685a27f0e389134d2fb665e66.jpeg

Thanks for opening up your place Dave👍👍

Great job on the burgers Mike, good seeing everyone and a great ride with Udo and Jared getting to tech day👍👍

Ill post more photos later 

• Haha 1

Be Likin' the vibe...    

Grounded ceiling,  Interesting concept.  Totally helps with shielding the Black Helo Spyware

👀 💡

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

Be Likin' the vibe...    

Grounded ceiling,  Interesting concept.  Totally helps with shielding the Black Helo Spyware

👀 💡

Actually that shop is a faraday cage the exterior has wire mesh behind the siding and the ceiling is corregated tin which is grounded this was to protect electronic from the HF starts of the tig welder.

and when the garage door is closed no cell signal thus no calls