Bagstr

Real ID - Process

Hey Gang,

A note to let you know how the system at the DMV worked for me. With appointment at 10:00 over at the Graves St. El Cajon office, I was in and out in 30 minutes. They appeared to be perfectly professional as they kept me movin' the whole time. I did make my application online in advance, which required setting up a double check ID and password.

1.  Make an Appointment - I got there at 9:45 for 10:00

2. Create application on-line

3  Show Up 10 minutes early

4. Be certain to have your supporting documents as described in the application.

5. Pay with Debit Card or Cash

6. Comb Your hair and wear your best shirt for the photo

Can't Wait for my Real ID to arrive in the mail - 2 weeks

Bagstr

I would suggest using -taking your Birth Certificate as the Identity Document if availible. My daughter had to get her DL renewed and decided to get the Real ID at the same time. Issue was the passport scanner did not work with her passport. It's not uncommon. 

https://fox40.com/2018/06/15/dmv-having-issues-verifying-documents-for-those-seeking-the-new-real-ids/

I was in and out of San Marcos Rancheros office in one hour without an appointment last week.  In line Friday morning at 6:45 (number 13) and out by 7:45.  Online registration is a big help.  New DL and Real ID.  Hair is overrated...unless your Mr. Paradise...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Van said:

I was in and out of San Marcos Rancheros office in one hour without an appointment last week.  In line Friday morning at 6:45 (number 13) and out by 7:45.  Online registration is a big help.  New DL and Real ID.  Hair is overrated...unless your Mr. Paradise...

I resemble that remark!

DL expires in December so I've decided to get the Real I.D. at the same time. I've been scared until I read this. You might be my savoir. Someone has to be. 

checking in what the heck is this ID,,,,,I have a passport book, a passport card, a CA DL, and Sentri card now what do "they" want? I have other unmentioned US Fed Gov IDs as well.

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

checking in what the heck is this ID,,,,,I have a passport book, a passport card, a CA DL, and Sentri card now what do "they" want? I have other unmentioned US Fed Gov IDs as well.

Beginning October 1, 2020, the federal government will require your driver license or identification card to be REAL ID compliant if you wish to use it as identification to board a domestic flight or enter secure federal facilities that require identification.

I doubt I need it with my global fed pass? that's why I did the Sentri/global entry front of the line deal, no?

17 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

I doubt I need it with my global fed pass? that's why I did the Sentri/global entry front of the line deal, no?

If you have a valid U.S. passport or U.S. passport card, military ID, or other federally approved identification, you may use this it as your form of identification to fly within the United States and enter secure federal facilities when new federal ID requirements begin October 1, 2020. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

If you have a valid U.S. passport or U.S. passport card, military ID, or other federally approved identification, you may use this it as your form of identification to fly within the United States and enter secure federal facilities when new federal ID requirements begin October 1, 2020. 

Just to clarify, will all USA Humans need to have a Chipped ID by October 1, 2020? 

Just answered my own question with the above link provided...

3. Is REAL ID mandatory?

No. The federal compliant REAL ID driver license or identification card is optional.

If you know you will not be boarding a domestic flight or visiting a secure federal facility or military base, you do not need a REAL ID driver license or identification card.

I am taking notes on you Non-Compliant individuals. When it comes time to assign the Real American identity cards, my knitting will bear witness. 

👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

I am taking notes on you Non-Compliant individuals. When it comes time to assign the Real American identity cards, my knitting will bear witness. 

👀

Hey Bags, my retirement check every month is cut by the Department of Homeland Security...I'm watching you from a satellite far above. #winkey 

12 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Just answered my own question with the above link provided...

3. Is REAL ID mandatory?

No. The federal compliant REAL ID driver license or identification card is optional.

If you know you will not be boarding a domestic flight or visiting a secure federal facility or military base, you do not need a REAL ID driver license or identification card.

I did not get the real ID. Sticking to the old Passport book and card. But I need to remember to take the book to fly. 

I had to go to the DMV anyway to renew my license. Opted for the real ID even though I already have passport/border card. Ezpz. Just make sure you bring the appropriate documentation. Read ahead of time what they will/will not accept.

Also, if you a gun owner or purchaser, you will no longer be able to make a  legal firearm purchase in  the state of California without a real ID.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, SoCalMule said:

Just to clarify, will all USA Humans need to have a Chipped ID by October 1, 2020? 

yes embedded in your forearm, later provisions it will inserted into the middle of the brain.

• Haha 1

Getting mine tomorrow, and will go back at least once or twice more....need to carry at least 3 driver's licenses when we leave the country.