Sign in to follow this  
SaMaKi

Big.........Ride Tuesday 07/30/19 šŸ

So far so good...loving this ride. The highest it got until now was 90 degrees. I think Iā€™m gonna keep going. Just stopped to eat.

Iā€™ll try and keep reporting, depends on service.

Costa Mesa

Ā 

La Cocina Anza

Ā 

• Like 2

Just got on the 74.Ā 

Took a good beating in Thomas Mountain. Never seen it this sandy. I HATE SAND! :)

Got stuck once andĀ dropped it a few times.

Ā 

48417623502_b6f166c5d5_b.jpg

Ā 

It is definitely hot, between 90 & 95 degrees with a nice breeze though.

Getting some rest and debating if I head back or keep on going. Iā€™m starting to get tired.Ā 

Ā 

48417623452_b14e360d48_b.jpg

Ā 

48417623477_90cd92d45b_b.jpg

Ā 

• Like 1

They must have recently graded thomas, seen it like that couple years ago

My route was closed so I decided to turn around and to be honest.....I wasnā€™t sad that it was.

Ā 

48418418612_ea7a39ea7f_b.jpg

Ā 

Thomas Mountain really beat me up. Took me close to an hour to get the bike out of that hole it dug in the sanded trench. Didnā€™t want to exert myself with that heat so I took my time to get it out.Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s highway all the way home now. Stopped for a quick slice of pie though.

That's a good adventure if you dint get killed. When I got stuck there, I had to unload the whole bike, carry the stuff up a hill and push the bike back deeper in the ditch where I made a solid path from brushes.

Adventure yes.jpg

• Haha 1

I spent the day troubleshooting a project bike that I picked up.Ā  While it was a satisfying experience, riding would have been more fun.Ā  Glad to see you made it out.Ā  I'll be joining you again.

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

That's a good adventure if you dint get killed. When I got stuck there, I had to unload the whole bike, carry the stuff up a hill and push the bike back deeper in the ditch where I made a solid path from brushes.

Haha that was a great diagram! You got stuck in the same spot? The funny thing is that a month ago we went through that trail and I was fully loaded (top case and saddle bags) on the way to Big Bear to camp and I didn't have that much of a hard time. Like I said, today the trail seemed to be sandier than usual.

Ā 

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

I spent the day troubleshooting a project bike that I picked up.Ā  While it was a satisfying experience, riding would have been more fun.Ā  Glad to see you made it out.Ā  I'll be joining you again.

For sure! It was a tough day though.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.JAJA said:

That must be hard to pick here up 3-4 times.

Man when I got launched the first time and spent almost an hour getting it out.....I was beat and my self confidenceĀ took a hit soĀ I had no strength left. Every little loss of balance andĀ I couldnā€™t keep it up, my arms would just let it go down. I couldnā€™t even pick it up properly due to where it was layingĀ and was afraid to bust my back.

• Like 1

Good lord, I don't think you are supposed to throw your toys in to the dirt like that. Nice how they left the dozer there. I would have been whupped, big bike, kudos, I didn't hear any crying.

18 minutes ago, Uncle Champ said:

Good lord, I don't think you are supposed to throw your toys in to the dirt like that. Nice how they left the dozer there. I would have been whupped, big bike, kudos, I didn't hear any crying.

Oh every singleĀ guardĀ I put on that bike definitely paid for itselfĀ yesterday. That bulldozer wasn't left there, it was scraping the ground and leaving the trail behindĀ piled with sand and dirt.

I hate that deep soft dirt/sand behind the dozers and graders. Ā Stuff will throw yer big-bike-arse right down. And I concur, that picking up big bikes a couple times is no big deal. Ā But by the third or fourth drop I am finding out quickly if I really have anyĀ friends or not!! Ā I'm starting to learn I'm not 'young enough' to go off roading 600 lb bikes alone.

Cool bike, nice pics and video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1