dirt dame

The Cafe is closed...Cafe Husky

For those of you who own any vintage of Husqvarna, and have enjoyed perusing the website known as Cafe Husky.com.  Bad news....the website is offline, the domain expired.  But there is a silver lining if you want to reminisce or do some research, because there is an archive site that has posts as late as summer of 2017.  You can find the archives here:https://web.archive.org/web/20170608192844/http://www.cafehusky.com/

Bummer used it many times, maybe this is a good selling point on sdar donations if a big domain in dirt bike world is dowb

6 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Bummer used it many times, maybe this is a good selling point on sdar donations if a big domain in dirt bike world is dowb

It was run by a couple of us administrators for the last two years.  We would have gone on, or hoped to buy it from the last owner, but he went through some changes in his life that made him make some very bad, illogical decisions.  There was no real reason that the website had to be terminated.....but donations that were received did not end up going to the upkeep of the site, nor did they go to any solution that would have helped the owner fix his problems.And that's all i have to say about that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

It was run by a couple of us administrators for the last two years.  We would have gone on, or hoped to buy it from the last owner, but he went through some changes in his life that made him make some very bad, illogical decisions.  There was no real reason that the website had to be terminated.....but donations that were received did not end up going to the upkeep of the site, nor did they go to any solution that would have helped the owner fix his problems.And that's all i have to say about that.

I think you said a lot without compromising yourself, Mimi; great job getting the point across respectfully!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

I think you said a lot without compromising yourself, Mimi; great job getting the point across respectfully!

Yes Mimi, you did a great job communicating your feelings and what happened without compromising your integrity.

• Like 1

Thanks for the work you have done moderating the page and also thank you for the archive link.  

• Like 1

Oh man I felt really self important on that site ...now Im just part of the peanut gallery.....

• Haha 1

Holy cow !  Woodsie and I (okay, it was really Woodsie) got the site back on line, and we are working on a long term solution to keep it safe and running.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

Since my first post in this topic, Dean "Coffee" Briggs passed away....just about a year ago.  He had made no provisions or back up plan to keep the forum open.  Woodschick, a long time (long suffering friend) of Dean, had taken it upon herself many times to communicate with the server company and pay for service.  But now the server company has forbid us to make "unauthorized" payments on the website's behalf, and negotiation attempts with the next of kin have been unsuccessful.  So the server service ends on June 9, and the domain expires on July 17.  It was a great run, and I certainly enjoyed the time, the posts and getting to know the members, as well as taking the helm as head administrator in the last two years.  I had plans to update the 10 year old software, and revamp the whole forum, because it had come so far just the way it was.  It was a wonderful community with close to 32 thousand worldwide members.  For all the people on this forum that also spent time on CH, I would just like to thank you for your participation and support over there.  It really saddens me to have had to hit the "closed" icon, yesterday, but unless a miracle happens very quickly....this really is the end, this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am in the the husky adv!! ok!! sucks that cafe husky is dead..oh well. 

Okay folks.....one more time!  And I hope this is the very last time that CH dies a premature death.  Woodsie and I got our approval to log into the customer portal at the server site.  It IS THE 11th hour miracle.  Fingers crossed that the domain name will follow.  It's been  a rough last couple of years, and I hope it's light at the end of the tunnel, and not a train.

I would try and do a full off site backup while you can, Mimi.  Save all (or as much) content as you possibly can so that you could host it somewhere else later if needed,

Good luck!!

• Like 1