erik_26

Taking a motorcycle to Mexico in the back of a truck

My girlfriend's family likes to go to an OHW-ish park/lake in Baja. It would be fun to take my motorcycle down there to play. Problem is, I also need 4-wheels for my GF and for doing all the other stuff we do. I would be crossing solo, both ways.

Anything I need to know about tossing an XT250 in the back of my pickup and heading for our Southern Border? Can I use the nothing to declare line entering Mexico or do I need to go to the declare line and pay to play?

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, TexasDualler said:

Have your valid registration for the bike. No gas in gas cans, only what’s in the tank. 

Yes. I have valid reg and wasn't on planning on bring gas cans.

Nothing to declare line is ok? Or do I need to go to the declare line? Also, I think there used to be a rule that you had to have 1 vehicle per person. But I don't know if that rule still exists?

I’ve never been asked to declare anything. Never had any problems crossing with bike in truck. They asked to see the registration and checked it against the VIN and my passport card then good to go. Coming back they didn’t care about the bike, just checked my passport card and good to go. 

I guess I should also add that I’ve only ever crossed at the Campo crossing. So I couldn’t tell you anything about the San Ysidro crossing but I imagine it’s the same. They’re just trying to make sure that you in fact own the bike and it’s not stolen from what I’ve been told.