KTMrad

Unpaid Tab at SDAR Meeting 7/17

Someone left without paying their tab at Boll Weevil last night.

Bacon Cheeseburger

22 oz. Green Flash IPA

Curly fries

Bill was $25.57 + $5 tip.

Someone owes me $30.57.

It was A-typical how the set up was for the tab.  I was having so much fun talking with people that I almost forgot myself.  At the end of the night I realized they hadn't brought tickets to the table and I needed to hunt down where to pay (and I did).  I'm sure the forgetter will step up, but if not, just circle back to this thread in a week and let us know.  

8 minutes ago, socalhodaka said:

I have to say, I thought that lady did a great job taking care of all of us. 

I agree and the food came out quickly and I thought the prices were reasonable.

2 hours ago, socalhodaka said:

I have to say, I thought that lady did a great job taking care of all of us. 

I do too.  Great location and set up for us.  

• Like 1

That bites, I thought the server did a great job considering and I left her a big tip. If no one pipes up, I’ll chip in to help cover it also.

Just so you can check me OFF the box, I ate and drank zero. But I did use the restroom.

As I was traveling in Flagstaff I noted an interesting phenomena.  As I was packing my gear in the truck at a the Holliday Inn Express I noticed the beater car next to me full of sleeping gear and stuffed with possessions; obviously living in the car. With a theory, I walked into the breakfast room to see if I could pick out someone who didn't match the standard traveller. Yep, there she was in her climbing attire and cheap shoes alone. Arizona Plates.

It is an easy scam. Pick the best hotel for the cleanest wash room and tasty breakfast.  Load up on lunch supplies while you are there. 

So Randy, You could have been hosting a stranger. Next time I see you, expect $5 coming your way.

34 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

So Randy, You could have been hosting a stranger. Next time I see you, expect $5 coming your way.

Nah, it was one of our people who most likely just forgot to pay.

And thanks to all offering to chip in, but that's not necessary. I just want the person who left without paying to pay me back.

It's also possible someone left cash on the table instead of waiting for the check, and that cash was swept up as tip money.

But I know it wasn't me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nubanator said:

Noted, no more cash on the table. Records!

So what does that mean ?

Just means I won't be leaving cash on the table and will make sure to get a receipt

1 hour ago, Nubanator said:

Just means I won't be leaving cash on the table and will make sure to get a receipt

So is that what you did at Boll Weevil ? 

Was it your tab ?

I did my part and gave her Tip and $ food on the counter in person.

12 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

So is that what you did at Boll Weevil ? 

Was it your tab ?

Randy, I already answered you in your pm. Yes I left two twenties on the table. No, I don't believe it was my tab. I had a cheeseburger, curly fries and a Modelo. After that I came up and talked to you and Mike about problems I had with the donation button on the site. 

So, after talking to a few people who sat at that end of the table where she claimed there was an unpaid tab, I came to the conclusion that the waitress may have made a mistake.

Took her a few days to look into it after I called her, she's refunding me the tab I paid....think she charged twice for the same tab by mistake.

• Like 2

Cool

Was having a hard time thinking anyone in that room would have done anything malicious.

I'd like to think we are all there for the same reason,  to share and contribute to our passion not skip out on a burger and a beer.

Yeah, I didn't think anyone did anything malicious or on purpose either, just wanted to figure out if someone forgot to pay...could've happened to anyone.

The only thing I had there was one beer and she didn't have it listed but I paid her anyways so she was definitely able to make a mistake.  But I know I would have made about 30 mistakes if I had her job.

I felt a bit bad for her, she seemed to be a bit overwhelmed with our group but I don't think anyone was being pushy or anything.....probably just had a long day working.  I'm sure she did ok with the tips so that probably made her re-think the entire thing.  Glad it appears to have worked out.

• Like 1