robertaccio

Rear wheel/tire loading/ clutch for torque

From the Jarvis school (and straight from trials) . I see so many folks and even accomplished riders hop and unload the rear in sticky,hang up situations.

This causes rut digging and wheel spin with zero forward motion, or gets you moving forward but with great effort from the bike and rider.

For example watch Graham, he is the king of rear wheel loading to get power to the ground to propel himself forward (and straight up as well)with minimal effort. Its rare to see him without at least one foot pushing down into his foot peg. Play with it its all about timing, clutch control and rear wheel loading, easy to practice the timing of it on small stuff even relatively flat surfaces.

It also works great for down hill drop offs to get your front up and the rear within the envelope of control. Works on all bike sizes and types going up and going down hill. 

I need to practice this.  On Ranger last week I walked my bike down a drop off cause I knew I didn't have the skills. Guess I'll watch Gram on U tube today.

7 hours ago, cj54x said:

I need to practice this.  On Ranger last week I walked my bike down a drop off cause I knew I didn't have the skills. Guess I'll watch Gram on U tube today.

I’ve gone over the bars on that drop off. 99 percent sure it’s the same one.