Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

July 4th Impromptu Ride

Happy Independence Day !  We hung out with our Airheads BMW Club friends, great time as always. I didn't want to go home so decided to head to Ramona to take the rig out for it's first test ride in the dirt....Upper Santa Ysabel Truck Trail , a fairly rough jeep trail, it was first gear most of the way with the rig on this trail. 
Rig handled it pretty well....found out I have to realign and tighten the pinch bolts and clamps that hold the bike upright. After off-roading, it didn't feel safe to ride home on Route 67, so I called a tow truck...got it home...glad to be a member of AAA. Time to make some adjustments on the rig this weekend. This is what test rides are for !
Doc loves off-roading and backcountry roads !

20190704_173452.jpg

20190704_173443.jpg

20190704_173435.jpg

20190704_172556.jpg

20190704_195204.jpg

20190704_174908.jpg

20190704_174900.jpg

20190704_172541.jpg

20190704_172534.jpg

20190704_181028.jpg

20190704_181017.jpg

20190704_181011.jpg

• Like 1

Nice. Did you happen to notice if the gate from Upper Santa Isabel to the top of Black Mountain was open??

2 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Nice. Did you happen to notice if the gate from Upper Santa Isabel to the top of Black Mountain was open??

No, did not notice.

Randy , you got wet tire. wow. You dint have tools with you, going off road? I never go on Test drives with out a toolbox.

4 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Randy , you got wet tire. wow. You dint have tools with you, going off road? I never go on Test drives with out a toolbox.

Udo, why do you assume ?...... I had my tools...being so close to home it wasn't worth trying to work on it in a parking lot where it would've taken me at least a few hours....it cost me nothing to get it home with AAA., now I can work on it in the comfort of my own driveway, with proper jacks, stands, etc.

Isn't testing and fixing the rig in the bush, a part of the exercise. Fix it with what ever you have and make it to the next "SAVE HAVEN"

2 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Isn't testing and fixing the rig in the bush, a part of the exercise. Fix it with what ever you have and make it to the next "SAVE HAVEN"

Yeah, if I was on a trip that would be the case. I chose to get it home ....MY choice to familiarize myself with the new chassis at my own home, not in some parking lot at night in Ramona..

On 7/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, Oracle said:

I rode it last Tuesday and got to the top of black mountain from Pamo rd, didn't see any gate so I guess open?

15 hours ago, SaMaKi said:

I rode it last Tuesday and got to the top of black mountain from Pamo rd, didn't see any gate so I guess open?

So you made it all the way to the pine trees at the top? If so, gates are open. Good because they've been locked for months now and that's not usually the case.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, KTMrad said:

Yeah, if I was on a trip that would be the case. I chose to get it home ....MY choice to familiarize myself with the new chassis at my own home, not in some parking lot at night in Ramona..

That’s my style. 

Except I have mine dropped of at my mechanics house. 

Just a tad bit lazy.