Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Bridgestone Battlecross E50

Bridgestone finally came out with a good looking option for street legal knobby tires.  The last time I ran a set of Bridgestone DS knobbies was probably 10 years ago, and they were really unimpressive.  The new ones look pretty aggressive, and got a good initial review.  Of course retail price is insane, but on-line places like Rocky Mountain carry them for close to half of that...so I think that the next time the 501 needs new treads, I'm going to give these a try.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/06/28/bridgestone-battlecross-e50-review-dual-sport-enduro-motorcycle-tires/?fbclid=IwAR11dMFrWfGQAFDv55cpQc57UYQiGa8cbVo6iBMhtnLyyS7XVnPgz_vMb4Y

Looks good more of sand tire tread with wide gaps than dual sport thought wouldn't mind trying, I need a new one for my 450 dual sport.

DD,

When the reviewer tells us that the street ride was smooth,  do you believe them??

Bagstr

13 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

DD,

When the reviewer tells us that the street ride was smooth,  do you believe them??

Bagstr

His summary said " but for short pavement stints, the E50s work without a hitch."   And maybe the the tires were smooth running for him.  After all, I have tried tires like Motoz,  and Metzler ,that people (even riders I personally know) have swooned over, and I couldn't wait to get them off my bike after thirty miles of dirt riding...so to each, their own.

Thanks, This week I was hoping to get a G-tyre 333 from a local shop.  And nice that Rocky Mountain has such a good price for E50's.  Do you know of a local carrier offering a good price?  (maybe a shop  with a shinko 805 too - as I need two back tires just now  :).  Thanks for sharing out Dirt Dame.   Having options and gaining knowledge from local experienced riders like you is truly valuable! (Thanks for the clutch info too)!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MacDuncan said:

Thanks, This week I was hoping to get a G-tyre 333 from a local shop.  And nice that Rocky Mountain has such a good price for E50's.  Do you know of a local carrier offering a good price?  (maybe a shop  with a shinko 805 too - as I need two back tires just now  :).  Thanks for sharing out Dirt Dame.   Having options and gaining knowledge from local experienced riders like you is truly valuable! (Thanks for the clutch info too)!

I get most of my tires from RM, E Bay or locally,  Moto Forza.  

When choosing a local shop, please use a shop that supports us. Supporting those who supports us is what keeps everyone's doors open. 

Let us know how they work out. 

Im so content with the GT333 rear and $50 Shinko Fatty combo it would take a lot to get me to try another tire combination. Unless Golden tire lowers the price on the Fatty I’m happy having a new front tire every 50 hours at $50. 

As long the tire is Round and Black, I just ride them.

Yup my shinko fatty has 1/3 of side knobs ripped off at 45 hrs but tread still 70% left. But so cheap with mousse almost worth it to relube and stuff with new tire than put on a more $$  golden and reuse 

I'm a total Bridgestone guy due to motocross background. Would like to try it. Tires wear out, so would like first hand knowledge. To me X30 front/X40 rear, super solid setup.

Current setup (Also happen to be D.O.T. tires) which I don't care.

Fr: GT 216AA Fatty, great tire all around tire. It needs high psi as sidewalls flex for my type of riding. I run min. 15psi.

Rr: Kenda Parker DT. Shocked methis tire. Absolutely love this 6ply tire. Great desert/Baja/Southwest tire. Due to 6 ply can run low psi. Predictable from new to worn.

Going to Kennedy Meadows soon, so I'll be reinstalling my GT333N rear I put 70 miles on, see how that performs.

7 hours ago, luna said:

Rr: Kenda Parker DT. Shocked methis tire. Absolutely love this 6ply tire. Great desert/Baja/Southwest tire. Due to 6 ply can run low psi. Predictable from new to worn.

I really like the Parker DT rear a lot.  Have run it before, and have one in the garage waiting to go on the 501.  The front Parker DT....I hate.  No feedback, doesn't stick to anything...nasty front tire.