repoman

Just joined....

My names John T and I live in Carlsbad. Im a geologist and so I like to do a lot of local desert and mountain riding trips.  Ive been riding since I was about 12 and had all sorts of bikes, mostly grew up on the XR's, but I had a KTM 250 2 stroke at one point. Now I have a 2012 xr650L thats been on a severe caloric limitation, and a 2007 KTM 450EXC. 

Welcome. 

Post up a ride or join in on one. 

Nice stable

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

Welcome to the club

Welcome John! A geologist, nice. There are some interesting rock formations along some of the trails I would be interested in learning a little more about. Hope to see you on the trail.

Hi John, 

Fellow newbie to the site. I'm also in North County. Let me know if you ever want to get a ride going. Are you at all interested in prospecting? Maybe I can talk you into a ride through a couple claims of mine so I can pick your brain. All your days cost would be on me.... Think about and let me know, there's gold in them thar hills!!!

23 hours ago, Nubanator said:

Hi John, 

Fellow newbie to the site. I'm also in North County. Let me know if you ever want to get a ride going. Are you at all interested in prospecting? Maybe I can talk you into a ride through a couple claims of mine so I can pick your brain. All your days cost would be on me.... Think about and let me know, there's gold in them thar hills!!!

Uh oh.  Looks like we are going to need a sub-forum on prospecting from the seat of a bike.  Just another fake excuse to go riding if you ask me!

I want to see pics of you riding away with a shovel and pick-axe crossed over your back like a couple of bandelleros.  Only then will I believe you are actually hunting gold.

3 hours ago, Nubanator said:

Ohh Zubb of little faith lol. Proof of concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtLhDLJReC4 

It's gonna happen!   Time and Money

DANG!!! . . . . I am humbled.  I hope you never strike it rich, because if you do you'll get lazy and stop producing such fantastically well done video's!

You ride bikes. you hunt gold.  And not to be ignored, you produce amazingly professional videos.  Kudo's!

I wish that was me! He's just one of the people I like to watch when I need inspiration or get bored. My operation consists of a back pack with a pan, trowel, screw-driver, and small pick/pry bar. But my operation is growing. When I hit close to half an oz I'll get the metal detector that I can disassemble and pack on the bike. Like I said, time and money. That's all it takes!

3 hours ago, Nubanator said:

I wish that was me! He's just one of the people I like to watch when I need inspiration or get bored. My operation consists of a back pack with a pan, trowel, screw-driver, and small pick/pry bar. But my operation is growing. When I hit close to half an oz I'll get the metal detector that I can disassemble and pack on the bike. Like I said, time and money. That's all it takes!

..... and the hat.  You can't be a prospector without the big old sweat stained floppy prospectors hat.

I tried panning for gold when I lived in Idaho.  It was great fun reading and dreaming and conniving on just when and where'd I'd hit pay dirt.  I had a secret weapon, a car battery powered pan that spins while you keep troweling sandy stream bed into it.  Finally it all came together and I headed out to "the remote mountain stream" secret spot to give it a go.  Got all set up and started "panning".  3 minutes later a motorcycle went by and I packed it all in, went home and got my motorbike out for a ride.  The end.

Zubb you just didn't look long enough.

maxresdefault.jpg

11 hours ago, hobiee said:

Zubb you just didn't look long enough.

maxresdefault.jpg

I dunno. . . looks like a handful of gravel and some Rustoleum #286524 satin finish. 🤣

Yeh, this is all I found that afternoon so I gave it up for more riding time. 

A0D8A703-E2C6-4E5B-B0D8-F45AF85FA056.thumb.jpeg.8f6990d3eba341207804397ecfe433c4.jpeg

Welcome to forum.  Wow, I didn't realize that we had so many dang gold diggers in the club!😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1