Sign in to follow this  
luna

Otay Mtn Beer Sunset Hump Day Ride Report

Was a little worried when no one confirmed it'd be a solo mission, but Oracle was correct a couple people showed up. It was my friend Alf and Bubbagums who left from Pio Pico. Met CowboyMike who was at the top when we arrived.

There's new gate fences blocking the road I wanted to take to lower end of Pio Pico campground, so we headed on the road east from Pio Pico about 3/4 mile, and entered at a gate. Haven't been on that trail in 10 years, and was super overgrown road. With the rain and weeds, there was some hidden trenches to look at for. Seems like some of main fire roads got skip loader to smooth out roads, which just created silt.

Anyways was good to double the mileage, and do first half of off road trails before hitting super smooth Otay Mtn Truck Trail road from east entrance.

Stoked to meet new people, was good to get a ride in. Till the next time.

QcUNHZM.jpg

6M1Btmz.jpg

DdlyBz9.jpg

UhROVIi.jpg

gQ7dQcP.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to hear a few folks showed up. I actual was back in the US in time and could have gone. But, I was running on 5 hours of sleep from Monday and Tuesday night. I don't think it would have been in my best interest or safety to have made the trek.

The pictures aren't displaying for me?