luna

Otay Mtn Beer Sunset Hump Day Ride 06/26

End of June Gloom, hoping to get above the clouds sunset again.

Seeing if anyone wants to join me. Go ride a bike enjoy the view and have a brew. 

Going to do it differently this time, going to double the mileage. Start at Pio Pico, then a 1/10 way up towards towers, then turn left take Otay Truck Trail, unmaintained road of Otay Truck Trail and work our way on dirt roads towards the Marron Valley Rd, entrance up. From there, regroup 3/4 way up, some can take the fire road, some can take the off road road that parallels to top. Only one downhill is of intermediate level.

Should take us 50-60 minutes from Pio Pico to Dog House Junction SDAR Meeting Spot.

Bring any food you want to eat, I may get a burrito or pizza slice. Make sure to wrap beers good and to keep cold.

Sunset is at 8:00pm.

Here's two option's.

1. Meet at Pio Pico at 6:40pm KSU at 6:45pm Pio Pico Meet Spot

2. Meet at Doghouse Junction SDAR Meeting Spot at 7:45pm Doghouse Junction SDAR Meeting Spot

I’m heading to Alaska today, have a great ride.

I am in Mexico. Can't make it. Have a fun ride and post pics.

Tom safe travels, will do one when you get back.

Erik, another time for sure

We'd love to, but too much traffic to fight heading south, and we can't lane split.

20190623_141613.jpg

Nice setup Randy!

I'll try to get a weekend one setup in Aug. or Sept. my month of July is booked.

Just an FYI, I'm going regardless, even if it's a solo mission. Need some bike time.

16 minutes ago, luna said:

Just an FYI, I'm going regardless, even if it's a solo mission. Need some bike time.

When we do the twofer Tuesday up here in north county, there is always 1 or more guys that show up but never post. Have fun