ADV Bum

SDAR Club meeting - WED 7-17-19

We are going to have a SDAR meeting on Wed July 17 from 6 pm - 8pm at

Boll Weevil

9330 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Ste E
San Diego, CA 92123

Guest speaker Gary LaPlante from MotoVentures will speak about fun practice exercises that all dual sport and adventure bike riders should know and do. Having sound fundamentals is the key to riding any motorcycle well. Big adventure bikes have physical limits and capabilities. The key to riding adventure bikes well is to first increase your riding skills by training and practicing on a smaller dirt bike that has fewer physical limits then by practicing the same skills on your larger adventure bike to fully understand it’s physical limits and, of course, by always using good judgment when you ride.  Got a problem with tight turns, deep sand, or steep down hills? Come to this meeting and let’s talk about it. To quote the Motorcycle Safety Foundation: “The more you know, the better it gets.”  Contact Gary anytime at (877) 260-6686 or MotoVenturesInfo@gmail.com.

Ed Stovin, President of San Diego Off Road Coalition will also be there, to inform us of issues affecting us with land use issues, closures, etc.

• Like 1

Well of course I'm planning on being there.

Hopefully we can get a decent turnout.

Trying to get a guest speaker, we'll see.

Please come out to share camaraderie and meet your fellow SDAR members.

We'll bring hats, shirts and stickers for purchase.

I am going to give it my best shot. I think that is my kids first day back to school. Plus my life is pretty busy (teenagers💲, divorce💲=🤬=😁 and girlfriend in Mexico💲😍). 😆

Oh well, you only live once, or so I am told. I will try to make the club meeting though.

Baring any work issues, I'll make the drive over and attend. Got it on the calendar.

• Like 1

Just to confirm, We talking about 7-17-2019? I don't see a time stamp on the original posting and many time there is a old posting with responses.

Working on a good guest speaker or two...stay tuned.

Bummer , I have to be riding in Idaho during that time, will there be webinair capabilities ?

:)

On 6/21/2019 at 10:07 AM, ADV Bum said:

We are going to have a SDAR meeting on Wed July 17 from 6 pm - 8pm at

Boll Weevil

9330 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Ste E
San Diego, CA 92123

On my calendar. See you there.

On the calendar with the usual plus one.  See y'all there.

Please see original REVISED post for guest speaker update.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, ADV Bum said:

Guest speaker Gary LaPlante from MotoVentures will speak about fun practice exercises that all dual sport and adventure bike riders should know and do. Having sound fundamentals is the key to riding any motorcycle well. Big adventure bikes have physical limits and capabilities. The key to riding adventure bikes well is to first increase your riding skills by training and practicing on a smaller dirt bike that has fewer physical limits then by practicing the same skills on your larger adventure bike to fully understand it’s physical limits and, of course, by always using good judgment when you ride.  Got a problem with tight turns, deep sand, or steep down hills? Come to this meeting and let’s talk about it. To quote the Motorcycle Safety Foundation: “The more you know, the better it gets.”  Contact Gary anytime at (877) 260-6686 or MotoVenturesInfo@gmail.com.

I went through Gary's class ~15+ yrs ago and I've sent many over to him........highly recommended.  Put my wife through his basic class a couple of years ago......

Right now 99% certain i will be there with Dan and Wade tagging along. Sounds like a fun, informative evening.

Hope to get a good turnout....please join us, meet your fellow SDAR riders, and come listen to the informative, fun presentation by Motoventures, Gary La Plante.

Would be nice to have at least 20 people show up.

Hey folks, hope some more people plan on attending. We'd like our guest speakers to see a room full of people, so please come join us.

Ed Stovin, President of San Diego Off Road Coalition will also be there to inform us of land use issues, closures, etc.