cmbthumper

My New Moped - 1970 Honda CB100

Needed a grocery getter / errand runner so I decided to get a cheap moped. Being 6-1" and 210lbs I needed more cc than just a 50cc. After some r search i ended up buying this instead. Much more "Me" than a new scoot. Picking it up on Saturday.

1971 Honda CB100

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2em7E4mTBQ2wodkb6

• Like 1

my first real bike was a gold with white trim one of those CB100s. circa around the same time frame, I rode that thing as full on DS machine, street , woods and farmers field flat tracking. bullet proof Honda!

^^ Nice. Hope to have that kinda fun.

I am r searching how to post a pic here and will do that soon.

Walk Around and first ride vids. A little tuning and clutch work but fun little bike.

Nice CB100! That looks like a fun little beach cruiser.

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

Cool piece of nostalgia there; good for you!

9 minutes ago, erik_26 said:

Nice CB100! That looks like a fun little beach cruiser.

Appreciate the comments. Beach cruiser is right. I think topped out at 51mph on flat ground. Wanted a little 150cc under moped type bike to get groceries, parts or ?? around town and have a little fun doing it. While the new stuff is appealing, I like oldies but goodies too. At 6-1" 210lbs it is now officially as fast as a moped. Probably got a few stares but I'm sure they saw the grin so it didn't matter. Fun little bike for sure.

Stupid Gopro cut off again so lost most of the walk around vid. Time for a new one I guess. While other CB100's I looked at are in better shape they were also much much more $$ than I paid. Had very minor fender, exhaust, and mirror rust pitting but a couple swipes of alum foil and cleaned up to my satisfaction. The F/R turn signals have very bad pitting but still shine and blink so they will stay for now. The alum forks and other alum will just get a good clean and some mothers polish and call it good. Basically, not restoring just cleaning and riding it.